Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a new pre workout for the first time yesterday. I had loads of energy but I had about 5 poos in an hour.

My resting heart rate is about 50bpm now too. That's athlete territory.

Winding down a bit here - 2 more cyclocross races on the calender but not sure I can fit them in. Dabbling with the turbo, will get serious with trainerroad in the new year.

Did a tough mountain bike event last weekend - in the Peak below Buxton, 3 shires head, Macc forest way. Got there and it was heavy rain, blowing a gale - organiser says 'sorry lads, it has to be the short route (26 miles), the long route (40 miles) is cancelled because of the weather.' It's only cancelled if you're a gigantic fanny, says I to myself, so went ahead and did the long route anyway. Great route, but regretting it a bit as I burst meself doing it, been laid up all week with a cold.

Resting heart rate fluctuates far too much for it to be of any use UNLESS you track it consistently and can notice a trend.
My "Resting heart rate" can be anywhere from 38bpm - 60bpm depending on if I've just woken up, sitting at my desk, had a coffee, how much sleep I had, and if I trained hard the previous day. More often than not an abnormally low RHR is just a sign that you're knackered.

Resting heart rate fluctuates far too much for it to be of any use UNLESS you track it consistently and can notice a trend.
My "Resting heart rate" can be anywhere from 38bpm - 60bpm depending on if I've just woken up, sitting at my desk, had a coffee, how much sleep I had, and if I trained hard the previous day. More often than not an abnormally low RHR is just a sign that you're knackered.
Or fit as a fking fiddle Webby, like me.

Time to act now. The five stone I lost in six months March to sept, 2 stone has gone back on since.

Lack of motivation , depression change of meds change of gym and obviously loads of eating crap again being the problem.

16 stone 7lb now . I was 14,8lb in mid September. Time to put down the burger fatty and get going again.

Been the dr's today and the anti depressant I was changed to causes weight gain and lack of energy. So back to the original stuff, hopeful I'll get the 2 stone off by mid Feb .

Time to act now. The five stone I lost in six months March to sept, 2 stone has gone back on since.

Lack of motivation , depression change of meds change of gym and obviously loads of eating crap again being the problem.

16 stone 7lb now . I was 14,8lb in mid September. Time to put down the burger fatty and get going again.

Been the dr's today and the anti depressant I was changed to causes weight gain and lack of energy. So back to the original stuff, hopeful I'll get the 2 stone off by mid Feb .

Maybe focus less on the weight and more on trying to build in some healthy and sustainable habits into your lifestyle? Sounds like you're struggling to maintain things that help you lose the weight, so it might help to focus instead on changing your habits. Do that and the weight/fitness will sort itself out in the end. This has to be a long-term change for it to be effective :)

Maybe focus less on the weight and more on trying to build in some healthy and sustainable habits into your lifestyle? Sounds like you're struggling to maintain things that help you lose the weight, so it might help to focus instead on changing your habits. Do that and the weight/fitness will sort itself out in the end. This has to be a long-term change for it to be effective :)
To be honest mate I've eaten a healthy diet since March, but only the last 2 months have I had an issue snacking on crap which had got gradually worse. Old habits coming back.

That will get cut out again now with only a treat on the weekend.

Done 10k in gym earlier. Embarrassing. Haven't been going regularly for a while. Gonna start running in January, aiming for local 10k run in May. Handy to have something to aim for.

got injured running 10k a couple of weeks back, mixture of calf and hamstring problems.have found it very frustrating as I don't want to get lazy and stop my running.had physio and followed carefully his instructions, set myself a target of a 5 k on Saturday.But walking ,yes walking across the warehouse floor today ,hasn't the calf gone again.really quite down about it.

Did a fitness test for work today in the form of a bleep tests. Got 11.6 which is decent enough but I can't stand bleep tests. Would have much rather done a mile and a half which is the other option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back