Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone on here take a pre-workout supplement?

I've been taking this stuff recently. It made me feel a bit light headed to begin with but I thought that would pass. Just taken some then and I did 4 sets of deadlifts and had to leave the gym early as I felt really light headed. Just thrown it in the bin so I'm not tempted to take it again.
I used to be a big fan of pre-workout but over the years I have learned to prepare myself mentally for a training session

Craze was hell of a pre-workout, probably the best on the market but for some reason they banned it in Denmark, also it was very expensive so the company actually did me a favor

I would not spend too much money on pre-workout mate, once you get used to one scoop you will have to step up the doses = very expensive at the end

I used to take prework outs religiously, mainly rotated between 3 of them because after a fue weeks they were having less and less effect but switching up seemed to keep them working. Always found cellular c4 worked well. Now days dont worry about taking them , but they definitely did help me do bigger sessions even if alot of its probably in ya head

I used to be a big fan of pre-workout but over the years I have learned to prepare myself mentally for a training session

Craze was hell of a pre-workout, probably the best on the market but for some reason they banned it in Denmark, also it was very expensive so the company actually did me a favor

I would not spend too much money on pre-workout mate, once you get used to one scoop you will have to step up the doses = very expensive at the end
I've always only taken a caffeine energy drink as after a 11/12 hour day at work I'm a bit tired. No need for one in weekends, a strong black coffee does fine. A couple of bananas and a Red Kick energy drink was my usual but thought I'd step it up to see if I could get better results. Think I'll just go back to my old pre workout.

I used to take prework outs religiously, mainly rotated between 3 of them because after a fue weeks they were having less and less effect but switching up seemed to keep them working. Always found cellular c4 worked well. Now days dont worry about taking them , but they definitely did help me do bigger sessions even if alot of its probably in ya head
I was going to try C4 as that's supposed to be one of the best, but they didn't have it in stock at the time. Might give it a go. That Muscle Pharm Assault made me feel absolutely horrible though.

Yeah i found it good, its actully cellucor c4 aswell, ignore my predictive txt. I liked it cos i didnt get the big overpowering rush some prework outs can give and i dont like ones that make u get the sweats up b4 u even start lifting ... cant think who makes it but theres one called alarm which was quite good for me and mr hyde wasnt to bad

Pretty pleased tonight - I don't usually do much speed work, but ran a new 5k PB in 22:40, on tired legs off the bike. Reckon I can get it sub-22 if I go in fresh.

I can currently run, at absolute best, 2.5km without stopping. My mate reckons I can do tough mudder, which is about 15km. How likely is this? I'd have about 7 months to train.

I had developed a genuine hatered of training legs for awhile, but i honestly think its just ive had the same leg routine for to long and had just bored of it. Been mixing it up with a bit of kettle bell core work seems to have helped

I can currently run, at absolute best, 2.5km without stopping. My mate reckons I can do tough mudder, which is about 15km. How likely is this? I'd have about 7 months to train.

Yeah you can do it. I was in a similar position to you when I signed up to a Spartan Race last year and did pretty okay.

Do lots and lots of long, slow runs over hills is my bit of advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back