Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a 10k in May. Aiming for sub 45 mins this year. Finished in 47:20 last year, saw my ex-para mate at finish and he asked me how I got on, so I told him my time, and he said, "oh, you must be gutted mate".
Was a bit deflated to be honest.
Got 49:10 on treadmill last night, so need to get training I reckon.

Got a 10k in May. Aiming for sub 45 mins this year. Finished in 47:20 last year, saw my ex-para mate at finish and he asked me how I got on, so I told him my time, and he said, "oh, you must be gutted mate".
Was a bit deflated to be honest.
Got 49:10 on treadmill last night, so need to get training I reckon.

That's bloody good going. Takes me about 45 mins to run/jog 5k.

Just started back on the turbo at the mo - sweetspot stuff, feels OK. Not training with any urgency yet - want to give the timetrials and cyclocross a good go this year, but they're a ways away.

Trails continue to be in a tragic state - so much rain it's deep mud everywhere and a lot of the best stuff is unrideable. Bike is taking a hammering - shelled out a quick £200 for a new drivetrain today, basically wore it away on winter night rides.

Just started back on the turbo at the mo - sweetspot stuff, feels OK. Not training with any urgency yet - want to give the timetrials and cyclocross a good go this year, but they're a ways away.

Trails continue to be in a tragic state - so much rain it's deep mud everywhere and a lot of the best stuff is unrideable. Bike is taking a hammering - shelled out a quick £200 for a new drivetrain today, basically wore it away on winter night rides.

Aye, it's not good. Have barely been outside for rides at all over the past few months - it's been non-stop turbo work. Should do another 2x20 session tonight.

Anyone here ever competed in the FanDance across the Brecon Beacons?

Completed the winter one in under 4 and a half hours. Enjoyable event based on SAS selection process.

Do it for health reasons then. Part of the reason i've started yoga lately is because i don't want to be in pain when moving about as i get older. Also because girls in yoga pants.

Went to see a guy called Floating Points and then got a KFC.

Talk to me about the KFC.

I seem to be denying myself anything fun to eat.

Lost 2 and a half stone since November, 1 and a half of which was in the last 6 weeks. Drastically cut down on the amount of alcohol I've been drinking and been eating healthier although I've not been pushing myself too hard.

Starting at the gym tomorrow and aiming to go 4 times a week to begin with. Still loads to go as I'm a morbidly obese wideo but it's a good start.

Lost 2 and a half stone since November, 1 and a half of which was in the last 6 weeks. Drastically cut down on the amount of alcohol I've been drinking and been eating healthier although I've not been pushing myself too hard.

Starting at the gym tomorrow and aiming to go 4 times a week to begin with. Still loads to go as I'm a morbidly obese wideo but it's a good start.
Great start and if you've done that without the gym just think what you can do if you stick with the gym . The bike and walking on a de my incline on the treadmill will be a good start for you I reckon .

I lost 5 stone In 6 months last year 19 1/2 to 14 1//2 stone. Since November I've slowly gone up to 16 stone 8lb as I've eat crap and been half hearted with the gym .

This week I've got my diet back decent during the week and I've been back in the gym properly. Hope to be back in the 14 stone bracket by May .

Great start and if you've done that without the gym just think what you can do if you stick with the gym . The bike and walking on a de my incline on the treadmill will be a good start for you I reckon .

I lost 5 stone In 6 months last year 19 1/2 to 14 1//2 stone. Since November I've slowly gone up to 16 stone 8lb as I've eat crap and been half hearted with the gym .

This week I've got my diet back decent during the week and I've been back in the gym properly. Hope to be back in the 14 stone bracket by May .
Cheers lad. Best of luck getting to where you want to be. I'm a long way off your weight (proper fat blert, me) but I'll hopefully be there by the end of the year.

As I work away from home and get put up in a hotel, eating healthily can be an issue although I've been visiting a friend's at night recently and having healthy home cooked food. Breakfast remains an issue though, what's healthy for breakfast and filling that doesn't require much prepping/no cooking? I intend to increase my fruit intake if I can but I don't really like it for breakfast.

Cheers lad. Best of luck getting to where you want to be. I'm a long way off your weight (proper fat blert, me) but I'll hopefully be there by the end of the year.

As I work away from home and get put up in a hotel, eating healthily can be an issue although I've been visiting a friend's at night recently and having healthy home cooked food. Breakfast remains an issue though, what's healthy for breakfast and filling that doesn't require much prepping/no cooking? I intend to increase my fruit intake if I can but I don't really like it for breakfast.
i eat brown toast or fruit at breakfast . Or scrambled eggs with brown toast Now and again . I'm boring when it comes to breakfast.

I'm not dead healthy I never will be its more portion control and calorie counting . Never deprive yourself though. Going cold turkey just doesn't work . And you enjoy your treats more then .

My uncle swears by porridge and peanut butter on toast for 11's if you aren't keen on breaky. He's 45 and has the body of 21 year old.

I've given up on trying to keep my weight down. I was 74kg for ages. Can't seem to get back to it seem to be around 77 most of the time now.

i eat brown toast or fruit at breakfast . Or scrambled eggs with brown toast Now and again . I'm boring when it comes to breakfast.

I'm not dead healthy I never will be its more portion control and calorie counting . Never deprive yourself though. Going cold turkey just doesn't work . And you enjoy your treats more then .
Think I'm gonna get some porridge and nuke it in the microwave at work. Been having peanut butter on a multigrain bagel recently which isn't the best but it's nice, filling and not too unhealthy. Gonna get some fruit to snack on during the day to keep my sugar levels up and hopefully curb any cravings. Lunch and dinner will probably be a boring affair of chicken/salmon and salad/veggies. Will treat myself now and then, not giving anything up completely because I know that'll make me crave it.

Been up since 3:15am so I'm knackered already but I'm determined to get to the gym tonight. Sick of making excuses now. Not sure if I'll be going in the mornings or evenings yet. Don't really like going when it's busy but I've gotta break the camel's back and get my arse there. Aiming for Monday, Tuesday and Thursday this week, possibly Saturday too. Will be breaking myself back in gently so I don't put myself off going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back