Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Lids ... I started a strength and conditioning class 6 months ago which turned into a powerlifting class.. So I've basically been lifting heavy and eating which is not what ideally wanted to do. So I'm 94kg now I'm away from lifting and want to lose the weight I've put on.. The lifting got me stronger but zero fitness! Just joined a normal gym.. And looking for a new routine to help me slim down and lose timber..getting alot of conflicting advise.. still weight train and little cardio but lower my calorie intake ? Idealy due to time and commitments I was thinking a couple of runs a week and a HIT class might do the job ? Any advice?

Could you use your cardio as your means of getting places? Cycle or run to/from your weight sessions. Walk places instead of driving. Little bits here and there will help. Look at your diet too, and maybe try taking a food diary so you know what you're eating. You don't need to be big to be strong.

Could you use your cardio as your means of getting places? Cycle or run to/from your weight sessions. Walk places instead of driving. Little bits here and there will help. Look at your diet too, and maybe try taking a food diary so you know what you're eating. You don't need to be big to be strong.

It's not practical for me.. I was thinking of training at 6am be that a run or in the gym..I know why I've put weight on, due to recovery and more calories.. but it was never really what I wanted to do.. I want to lose weight ideally.. maybe weight train just once a week ?

There's a saying that it's impossible to out exercise a bad diet. Not saying you have a diet but that'd be my first port of call if you want to lose weight. Take a diary for a few weeks so you see how much you're consuming, and then do the maths using some conservative estimates of your BMR + the calories burned during whatever exercise you do. It'll give you an idea of where you stand with your current lifestyle. Then you can adjust accordingly.

There's a saying that it's impossible to out exercise a bad diet. Not saying you have a diet but that'd be my first port of call if you want to lose weight. Take a diary for a few weeks so you see how much you're consuming, and then do the maths using some conservative estimates of your BMR + the calories burned during whatever exercise you do. It'll give you an idea of where you stand with your current lifestyle. Then you can adjust accordingly.

Cheers bud.. what would your recommend regards the exercise?

Brilliant.. I'm going to reduce calories an keep an eye on the food i'm eating.. and do some interval rd running and get some HIT classes in.. Body combat any good?

For running, just put the treadmill on a high incline (10+) and high speed (16/17kmp/h) and do 10 second sprints, 20 seconds rest. Repeat for 15minutes and you'll be sweating like @Baines' left foot in the Aldi bakery on non-cheat day.

Cheers gents.. I was getting conflicting advise.. saying don't do any cardio.. carry on lifting heavy.. but weight training isn't really what I want.. weight loss is

It's not practical for me.. I was thinking of training at 6am be that a run or in the gym..I know why I've put weight on, due to recovery and more calories.. but it was never really what I wanted to do.. I want to lose weight ideally.. maybe weight train just once a week ?

There are great reasons to do both long easy aerobic exercise and weights/HIITs, but weight loss is not one of them. You CANNOT out-exercise a junk diet. If you try, if may work for a bit, but eventually you will just end up perpetually hungry and miserable.

I don't believe there is a single person in the world who is "too busy" to find an extra 30-45 minutes a day to eat healthily and do some body maintenance. If it's important to you then you make the time..

There are great reasons to do both long easy aerobic exercise and weights/HIITs, but weight loss is not one of them. You CANNOT out-exercise a junk diet. If you try, if may work for a bit, but eventually you will just end up perpetually hungry and miserable.

I don't believe there is a single person in the world who is "too busy" to find an extra 30-45 minutes a day to eat healthily and do some body maintenance. If it's important to you then you make the time..

I'm not saying I'm too busy ? I'm saying its not practical to cycle and then go to work.. My diet is spot on I've been powerlifting and have been eating more due to recovery, lots of protein good fats and brown pasta/rice. I'm going to reduce my intake to 2000cals from 2500cals and look at interval training and HIT and get some rd running in.

What program are you following ?
I don't really follow a set program. I just eat good carbs, loads of fruit and veg and pack as much protein in to all meals as I realistically can.

Gym wise I only do weights but that's because I'm one of those lucky people who's managed to get to their late twenties with a teenage metabolism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back