Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I'm gonna get some porridge and nuke it in the microwave at work. Been having peanut butter on a multigrain bagel recently which isn't the best but it's nice, filling and not too unhealthy. Gonna get some fruit to snack on during the day to keep my sugar levels up and hopefully curb any cravings. Lunch and dinner will probably be a boring affair of chicken/salmon and salad/veggies. Will treat myself now and then, not giving anything up completely because I know that'll make me crave it.

Been up since 3:15am so I'm knackered already but I'm determined to get to the gym tonight. Sick of making excuses now. Not sure if I'll be going in the mornings or evenings yet. Don't really like going when it's busy but I've gotta break the camel's back and get my arse there. Aiming for Monday, Tuesday and Thursday this week, possibly Saturday too. Will be breaking myself back in gently so I don't put myself off going.
good luck mate

Been doing dumbbell and sit up/press up work at home for a while now. Not really sure if it's really making much difference but it makes me feel better about myself

Did the 5k parkrun for some reason on Sat - major error. Not so much as run for a bus in 12 months. Last km and the engine was ticking over no bother (cycling lungs), but my legs were in agony. Had to retire with a calf cramp and couldn't walk for the rest of the day - they still feel shelled even now.
Think a few runs round the block are needed to get my running legs underneath me, then back to the parkrun.

Alright Lids ... I started a strength and conditioning class 6 months ago which turned into a powerlifting class.. So I've basically been lifting heavy and eating which is not what ideally wanted to do. So I'm 94kg now I'm away from lifting and want to lose the weight I've put on.. The lifting got me stronger but zero fitness! Just joined a normal gym.. And looking for a new routine to help me slim down and lose timber..getting alot of conflicting advise.. still weight train and little cardio but lower my calorie intake ? Idealy due to time and commitments I was thinking a couple of runs a week and a HIT class might do the job ? Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back