Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the weekend off and got back into it tonight. Started taking Thermopure, CLA, omega 3s and some vitamins. Also taking glucosamine sulphate to decrease the risk of joint pain. Had an extra step in my workout tonight and killed it. Walked 15 minutes there and back, almost 9 miles on the bike in half an hour and did some light weights with lots of reps. Feeling magic and not letting my bad weekend get me down one bit. Probably (read definitely) don't need the supplements but I'll give it a whirl and see if it affects my performance. You don't try, you don't get, right lads? RIGHT LADS?

Feel [Poor language removed] wonderful. Still fat, but there's shape to my neck now which is a positive in itself. Shame I let myself get into this mess, spending nights out drinking and eating crap, but I'm in the zone now and this is me for the rest of my life. My friends and family have been constantly praising me and the good comments on here really keep me going.

As that foxy old minx, Delia, once said, "LET'S BE AVIN' YOU!"

Had the weekend off and got back into it tonight. Started taking Thermopure, CLA, omega 3s and some vitamins. Also taking glucosamine sulphate to decrease the risk of joint pain. Had an extra step in my workout tonight and killed it. Walked 15 minutes there and back, almost 9 miles on the bike in half an hour and did some light weights with lots of reps. Feeling magic and not letting my bad weekend get me down one bit. Probably (read definitely) don't need the supplements but I'll give it a whirl and see if it affects my performance. You don't try, you don't get, right lads? RIGHT LADS?

Feel [Poor language removed] wonderful. Still fat, but there's shape to my neck now which is a positive in itself. Shame I let myself get into this mess, spending nights out drinking and eating crap, but I'm in the zone now and this is me for the rest of my life. My friends and family have been constantly praising me and the good comments on here really keep me going.

bad weekends are needed . If you go cold turkey you will crack in the end.

Save your money and don't even bother with the glucosamine (or chondroritin), it doesn't work and at might cause gastric problems (GERD/acid reflux). The reason why it got popular was that some quack MD went on Oprah and daytime talk shows to sell a book. The best way to decrease joint pain is what you are doing by exercising.

In the trial, researchers at the University of Arizona randomly assigned 201 people with chronic knee pain to get either 1,500 milligrams a day of glucosamine dissolved in a bottle of lemonade or an identical-tasting placebo drink. After 24 weeks, the group that took glucosamine had no decrease in cartilage damage and reported no improvement in pain compared with the placebo group.

The researchers also examined whether the participants had any change in bone marrow lesions, more commonly called "bone bruises," which are thought to contribute to osteoarthritis pain. The control group actually had greater improvement in bone marrow lesions compared with the participants who took glucosamine.

Skipped a night out for St Patrick's to go to the gym. Got there and didn't realise I'd unpacked my shorts from the other night. Furious is an understatement. Might see if my Pure Gym membership is still running on the weekend even though I cancelled my direct debit. Rage.

Got my first 10k run of the year done today. Highest distance before today was 7.3km. Chuffed to get back to 10k distance. Also got it done in under the hour.

Feeling it now though.

I left the house this morning for the gym and ended up in the cafe having a breakfast lol . Zero motivation again. One night on the ale last Saturday has ruined a good routine and first weight loss in months . K'off Everton getting to Wembley .

They say losing the weight first time round is easy . It's keeping it off that is the hard part and that's were I failed ( well I put over 2 stone back on from 5 I lost)

I think I'll relax , enjoy the weekend then go back on Monday .

I'm not giving up though.

And the breakie was nice

bad weekends are needed . If you go cold turkey you will crack in the end.

What makes you think that yo-yoing on a small scale isn't the reason you're yo-yoing on a more long-term scale? From experience, diet isn't a case of thinking you're depriving yourself by eating healthily, it's finding away to eat healthily and enjoy doing so. Indeed, after a while the idea of a Big Mac or something really doesn't appeal at all, and the very concept of 'bad weekends' is taken away.

first 10k of the year ran today, not bad but not quick either,after 2 months of picking up little niggles which has hampered my running it's nice to get the first one done,any other 10k runners hate the last 2k's uphill !!!.

Did the Barcelona marathon last Sunday. Went for it, and ended up falling apart at mile 23. Running a road marathon in minimalist shoes was too much, and my legs were wrecked. Had to jog/walk the last few miles and limped home in 3:46. I know I have a 3:30 in me if all the stars align!

Did the Barcelona marathon last Sunday. Went for it, and ended up falling apart at mile 23. Running a road marathon in minimalist shoes was too much, and my legs were wrecked. Had to jog/walk the last few miles and limped home in 3:46. I know I have a 3:30 in me if all the stars align!

3.46, i'd need flamin wings !

What makes you think that yo-yoing on a small scale isn't the reason you're yo-yoing on a more long-term scale? From experience, diet isn't a case of thinking you're depriving yourself by eating healthily, it's finding away to eat healthily and enjoy doing so. Indeed, after a while the idea of a Big Mac or something really doesn't appeal at all, and the very concept of 'bad weekends' is taken away.
I really like this.

Gym done. Half hour on the bike almost to 9 miles and a quick weights session. 15 minute walk there and back on top. Good to be back in after the weekend off (not through choice). I did follow a blue pilgrimage from Stanley Park car park to the very back of the Upper Bullens which has become significantly easier and more roomy and back again to the car park on Saturday. Didn't drink over the weekend and ate relatively healthily in comparison to normal weekends too.

Aiming for 4 days this week. Feeling so good and getting so many compliments on a daily basis - really enjoying myself. Absolutely in the zone right now.

Still fat.

Struggling to get to the gym at the moment and it's killing me. I'm out the house from 6am - 9pm if I go during the week. Going to have to go from 4 sessions during the week to 2 :(

Oh maaaaaaaaaan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back