Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
76kg and can't shake it. My disability has finally stopped me from walking great distances, stuck to car and couch. (n)

Realised today I have not exercised in three weeks

Flu
Trip to sweden while suffering with flu
return and suffer with flu
flu will not go away

I've actually lost weight, because I have not been eating very well

Realised today I have not exercised in three weeks

Flu
Trip to sweden while suffering with flu
return and suffer with flu
flu will not go away

I've actually lost weight, because I have not been eating very well

Similar story to me mate, 8 days and counting now and still not right, head is still all clogged up as are the lungs.

Can't wait to get back on the horse, was managing 5 days a week between weights and football.

managed to lose 15 pounds this month. was aiming for 2 pounds per week absolutely chuffed to bits.

my mission is to lose 3 stone in total so to get 1 stone out the way in a month is great start. The remainder two stone will be harder to shift but I'll keep eating healthy and going to the gym and exercising and eventually get there.

aim is to try and get to lightweight / welterweight level. currently in light heavyweight territory :oops:

managed to lose 15 pounds this month. was aiming for 2 pounds per week absolutely chuffed to bits.

my mission is to lose 3 stone in total so to get 1 stone out the way in a month is great start. The remainder two stone will be harder to shift but I'll keep eating healthy and going to the gym and exercising and eventually get there.

aim is to try and get to lightweight / welterweight level. currently in light heavyweight territory :oops:
How did you manage that?

How did you manage that?
i cut out takeaways and junk food and fizzy drinks

if i wanted a change from water i'd buy diet coke or drinks with no sugar / zero calories (as a treat)

i joined the gym and just did cardio (tried to go 2-3 times a week)

i tried my best to stop eating late at night

i also play 5 aside football once a week

i also got sick for about a week and had no appetite so that may have made a huge difference too

As I've not got a gym near me at home and I don't fancy taking the bike out on the road yet, could anyone recommend me a turbo trainer for a fat novice?

I've got a Giant mountain bike with some gears and pedals and stuff. Think it's got front suspension too.

As I've not got a gym near me at home and I don't fancy taking the bike out on the road yet, could anyone recommend me a turbo trainer for a fat novice?

I've got a Giant mountain bike with some gears and pedals and stuff. Think it's got front suspension too.

I've got a Tacx Flow and it does the job nicely, but I don't know whether mountain bike tyres work very well on turbos or not (all about rolling resistance you see).

You won't have much joy on a turbo with a mountain bike IMO. The noise alone from the tyre will be unbearable. Maybe get slick tyres might help, but I still wouldn't fancy it much.
You'd be better off with a proper exercise bike for the money you'd spend getting a turbo, and changing your tyres etc.
Also, be warned, turbo's and riding exercise bikes are dull as ditchwater.

I've got a Tacx Flow and it does the job nicely, but I don't know whether mountain bike tyres work very well on turbos or not (all about rolling resistance you see).

You won't have much joy on a turbo with a mountain bike IMO. The noise alone from the tyre will be unbearable. Maybe get slick tyres might help, but I still wouldn't fancy it much.
You'd be better off with a proper exercise bike for the money you'd spend getting a turbo, and changing your tyres etc.
Also, be warned, turbo's and riding exercise bikes are dull as ditchwater.
Cheers lads. Problem with the exercise bike is the lack of space. Not arsed about it being boring, I'd put it in the front room in front of the TV. Need to lose weight anyway so that's focus enough.

I'll ask them at the bike shop when I get mine serviced what they'd recommend.

Cheers lads. Problem with the exercise bike is the lack of space. Not arsed about it being boring, I'd put it in the front room in front of the TV. Need to lose weight anyway so that's focus enough.

I'll ask them at the bike shop when I get mine serviced what they'd recommend.

With regards to the boredom, I tend to take a couple of approaches. For steady, tempo based sessions I'll generally stick some cycling footage on my laptop and watch that with a countdown clock in the corner. For shorter intervals, there are a load of trainer led sessions available to give you a program to follow, whether it's the Chris Carmicheal ones or the GCN ones or the many others online. Some will swear by things like Trainer Road or Sufferfest for instance. You can even get VR type trainers these days where you 'race' other people who are logged on at the same time as you.

Probably for a bit further down the road (so to speak).

i cut out takeaways and junk food and fizzy drinks

if i wanted a change from water i'd buy diet coke or drinks with no sugar / zero calories (as a treat)

i joined the gym and just did cardio (tried to go 2-3 times a week)

i tried my best to stop eating late at night

i also play 5 aside football once a week

i also got sick for about a week and had no appetite so that may have made a huge difference too
Ive lost around 24 pounds in 9 weeks basically with same tricks.
I drink Vichy like crazy...no coca colas etc...no beer... ( this doesn't aply in weekends)
Ive cut wheat and sugar 90%

Weekends are more free...I enjoy life fully...love good foods. .

Jogging every day (almost )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back