Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a PB on the treadmill earlier, not in terms of time or distance but in terms of only taking 1 walk break of 2 and a half minutes in between my 5k run/jog. 44m dead it took me, so slow and steady. Absolutely done afterwards mind. Gotta build up to 15km by the time August rolls around!

Because this seemed like a good idea a few days ago:

Last edited:
Just in the gym minding my own business when...

Stranger: "Hey mate, how many sets you got left on that?"

Me: "1 mate".

Stranger: "Okay, can I jump in with you?"

Me: "No, you can have it in 60 seconds when I'm finished with it".

Just in the gym minding my own business when...

Stranger: "Hey mate, how many sets you got left on that?"

Me: "1 mate".

Stranger: "Okay, can I jump in with you?"

Me: "No, you can have it in 60 seconds when I'm finished with it".
Not at all stereotypical

Did a PB on the treadmill earlier, not in terms of time or distance but in terms of only taking 1 walk break of 2 and a half minutes in between my 5k run/jog. 44m dead it took me, so slow and steady. Absolutely done afterwards mind. Gotta build up to 15km by the time August rolls around!

Those things don't need a great deal of training as you spend most of the time walking and standing about waiting for the obstacles to clear. Really good fun and all, but I wouldn't say they're anywhere near as physically challenging as the clever branding would suggest. You're just muddy :)

Those things don't need a great deal of training as you spend most of the time walking and standing about waiting for the obstacles to clear. Really good fun and all, but I wouldn't say they're anywhere near as physically challenging as the clever branding would suggest. You're just muddy :)
@CahillsCornerFlag bruce has pretty much just called you out there lad, don't take it

Am doing it this year - should be a good laugh, my mates been doing it for 3/4 years, he is 20 stone - and not in the muscle bound freak kinda way - think less hell runner, and more running then standing waiting for the obstacles.

Am doing it this year - should be a good laugh, my mates been doing it for 3/4 years, he is 20 stone - and not in the muscle bound freak kinda way - think less hell runner, and more running then standing waiting for the obstacles.

Aye there's no way I could do a 12 mile run without a stop, so the obstacles are what give me hope really. Which one you doing mate?

Aye there's no way I could do a 12 mile run without a stop, so the obstacles are what give me hope really. Which one you doing mate?

Saturday the 10th, what about you?

looking forward to it, i done hell runner a year back and that was utter pain, so i am expecting this won't be as bad due to the obstacle stopped etc.

Short of cycling up Everest, I'm now convinced there's nothing I can do to impress Bruce.

Seriously though, it'll be one off my bucket list and the latest in the line of sticking two fingers up to my asthma.

They're great fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. Hoping to get out to Slovenia this summer. There's a nice open time trial event up Vrsic that is tempting, but it's in September so not ideal timing. Might just head out and ride the area. Looks great, and would make a change from the usual Italy/Austria/France

juris-na-vrsic2.jpg

Saturday the 10th, what about you?

looking forward to it, i done hell runner a year back and that was utter pain, so i am expecting this won't be as bad due to the obstacle stopped etc.

Mine's Sat the 6th. If you've done that already this should be more fun by all accounts.

They're great fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. Hoping to get out to Slovenia this summer. There's a nice open time trial event up Vrsic that is tempting, but it's in September so not ideal timing. Might just head out and ride the area. Looks great, and would make a change from the usual Italy/Austria/France

juris-na-vrsic2.jpg

You've probably chosen the best sport for views, I don't think you've ever posted an uphill cycling pick that wasn't at least mildly breathtaking. Never been to that part of the world either, looks good Bruce ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back