Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every other Thursday I walk a 6 mile round trip to the club to do a quiz, and have several bevvies.

Even at 50 I still play 5 a side every Friday after work in the sportshall. Organising the flat back 4 in the way that I do.
Coming after the every other Thursday quiz my performance isn't up to much .... I put it down to fatigue after the walking.
Bit of a humblebrag on my father's behalf - he was playing 5 a side twice a week, and 11 a side on Saturday AND Sunday until he was 60. He's 67 this year and still plays 11 a side on Saturday afternoon, but does a 10km run in the morning!

Bit of a humblebrag on my father's behalf - he was playing 5 a side twice a week, and 11 a side on Saturday AND Sunday until he was 60. He's 67 this year and still plays 11 a side on Saturday afternoon, but does a 10km run in the morning!
Impressive - hope I can do that. Didn't play at all between 41 and 49 as the opportunity never came about - so I'm just pleased that the legs have started to work again without too much pain. There was something on the news this morning about a fella who's 80 and still plays regularly.

Impressive - hope I can do that. Didn't play at all between 41 and 49 as the opportunity never came about - so I'm just pleased that the legs have started to work again without too much pain. There was something on the news this morning about a fella who's 80 and still plays regularly.

Was he in our back four last season by any chance !!

Been doing weights for a few months now, I've always been pretty skinny (some people might call it athletic) and I've been concentrating most on my biceps, chest and back. If I'm being honest my main reason for doing it is for aesthetic purposes rather than improving strength or anything (although this is an added bonus) as I've been a bit self concious over my appearance for a while.

I am making progress but now I'm thinking about supplements. Does anyone have any protein supplements that they would recommend? I'm not looking to become huge, just add a bit of muscle mass to my slight frame. Any advice would be appreciated!

Been doing weights for a few months now, I've always been pretty skinny (some people might call it athletic) and I've been concentrating most on my biceps, chest and back. If I'm being honest my main reason for doing it is for aesthetic purposes rather than improving strength or anything (although this is an added bonus) as I've been a bit self concious over my appearance for a while.

I am making progress but now I'm thinking about supplements. Does anyone have any protein supplements that they would recommend? I'm not looking to become huge, just add a bit of muscle mass to my slight frame. Any advice would be appreciated!
If I was you mate I'd just get some cheap whey protein and some instant oats. I'd recommend myprotein.com or bulkpowders.co.uk.

The protein for obvious reasons but if you're skinny like me then you'll need the extra carbs to put on some bulk. Instant oats are about 2x more expensive that your typical porridge oats but they're ground up so you can put them straight in your shaker.

Get doing compound exercises such as dips, chin ups, squats and deadlifts. They're essential to bulking up.

If I was you mate I'd just get some cheap whey protein and some instant oats. I'd recommend myprotein.com or bulkpowders.co.uk.

The protein for obvious reasons but if you're skinny like me then you'll need the extra carbs to put on some bulk. Instant oats are about 2x more expensive that your typical porridge oats but they're ground up so you can put them straight in your shaker.

Get doing compound exercises such as dips, chin ups, squats and deadlifts. They're essential to bulking up.

Cheers mate, I'll have a look later on. What do you mean by compound exercises? The word compound to me implies multiple or more than one... I don't get how the examples you've given are different to bicep curls for example? I'm curious!

Cheers mate, I'll have a look later on. What do you mean by compound exercises? The word compound to me implies multiple or more than one... I don't get how the examples you've given are different to bicep curls for example? I'm curious!
Compound exercises hit several areas of your body. For example dips will work your chest and triceps, and dead lifts work your back and legs (they work a lot of your body but they're the two main areas).

Bicep curls on the other hand are an isolated exercise because they only work your biceps.

I'm sure there's probably someone on here who can give much better advice but there's some basic stuff anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back