Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's around £22 for a 30 serving tub. Tastes pretty decent too which is a bonus.

I can't work out on an empty stomach though. Makes me feel so weak.

I used to be the same, but seem.to have overcome it. Muscles do tire a bit quicker though and I suffer from terrible DOMS but I can push through, just plateau on lifts. SayING that, I know the torn rotator cuff injury I had as dramatically reduced my ability to push through

DOMs reduce the more you train

I try to avoid protein powders.
Get protein from normal food sources

Anyway, buying a bike over the weekend, hopefully.

Been training 15 years I've awlays suffered from them just one of those things for me. Hitting 280g protein a day, so can't hit that amount from food in work lol only have powders post workout and before my afternoon cardio session, bumps me up from 200g to the 280 mark

It's around £22 for a 30 serving tub. Tastes pretty decent too which is a bonus.

I can't work out on an empty stomach though. Makes me feel so weak.

What's the BCCA mate and what's the Leucine ratio in it. First post in this thread but if you are pressing 40kg dumbells (for reps?) you've obviously locked in the strength. Like another poster says your either over compensating potentially with shoulders if incline is a bit steep or simply your not eating enough. Haven't seen an thing about your nutrition plan.

May give that a whirl, tend to stay away from the big brand stuff and use the protein works. But I'm lifting on an empty stomach, hence the BCAA, and hit a few plateau's so maybe a pretty workout will give me the boost

How come lift on an empty stomach mate? Do you mean completely fasted or a couple of hours?

How come lift on an empty stomach mate? Do you mean completely fasted or a couple of hours?

Completely fasted, apart from some bcaa and creatine. I'm on a cut so I do evening cardio and reduced carb in takerror throughout the day. Carb load directly after the morning workout.

There's contradicting thoughts about this, some say it burns muscle and fat but I manage to increase muscle and lean out easier

What's the BCCA mate and what's the Leucine ratio in it. First post in this thread but if you are pressing 40kg dumbells (for reps?) you've obviously locked in the strength. Like another poster says your either over compensating potentially with shoulders if incline is a bit steep or simply your not eating enough. Haven't seen an thing about your nutrition plan.
BSN is the BCAA'S I've got. No idea about the leucine ratio, I'd have to look.

Yeah I figured I was using my shoulders too much as they're quite big now, so I've dropped the weight and concentrating on my form more. Also starting to make use of cables for higher rep stuff.

I'm skinny naturally so have to eat loads. I'm on roughly a kilo of chicken breast a day with green veg and about 400g of brown pasta a day, split over 4 meals with porridge for breakfast and evening meal either side, with a couple of protein/oats shakes in between. I walk around a lot in my job so need a lot of carbs. I think I'm eating too much if anything.

BSN is the BCAA'S I've got. No idea about the leucine ratio, I'd have to look.

Yeah I figured I was using my shoulders too much as they're quite big now, so I've dropped the weight and concentrating on my form more. Also starting to make use of cables for higher rep stuff.

I'm skinny naturally so have to eat loads. I'm on roughly a kilo of chicken breast a day with green veg and about 400g of brown pasta a day, split over 4 meals with porridge for breakfast and evening meal either side, with a couple of protein/oats shakes in between. I walk around a lot in my job so need a lot of carbs. I think I'm eating too much if anything.

Seems a decent amount of food. Leucine content of BSN is the traditional 2:1:1 some add more leucine for size. Some say it's Bro Science.

Completely fasted, apart from some bcaa and creatine. I'm on a cut so I do evening cardio and reduced carb in takerror throughout the day. Carb load directly after the morning workout.

There's contradicting thoughts about this, some say it burns muscle and fat but I manage to increase muscle and lean out easier

Sorry mate didn't realise you were on a cutting cycle. As long as you feel ol doing it the 'science' only comes in the final 0.01%.

I like to lift in the morning but don't like doing it fasted but that's in my head I think. I use Xtend as a post/intra with ON protein whey. Unlikely I'm in a fasted state as I take casein before bed.

As previously said I'm probably piddling most of it down the loo

Sorry mate didn't realise you were on a cutting cycle. As long as you feel ol doing it the 'science' only comes in the final 0.01%.

I like to lift in the morning but don't like doing it fasted but that's in my head I think. I use Xtend as a post/intra with ON protein whey. Unlikely I'm in a fasted state as I take casein before bed.

As previously said I'm probably piddling most of it down the loo

Ive always utilised the 1.5g protein per lb body weight for maintenance and growth, cycle the carbs and utilise the majority of them post workout. Train pretty intense (DOMS tomorrow after today's leg routine definitely) and I've been doing it long enough to know what my body uses and what it doesn't.

The nox pre workout stuff affects my guts really bad, don't want to be in the middles of a squat and the worst happens lol, so I just stick to bcaa mix and creatine, really tired I'll through some caffeine in to perk me up

I'm getting results, just not as quickly as my shoulders or back, for example. But you're probably right mate. One other thing is I never, ever do barbell bench as I always train alone and so don't have a spotter. Fed up with asking random people who help you too much and assist you on every rep. I nearly had a nasty incident doing it by myself a few months back and it's put me off.

I've decided this is what I want to look like:

<3 Phelps <3

michael-phelps-200-im-mesa-2016-e1462485977219-720x500.jpg

You can start by getting yourself a pair of speedo's.

Anyone here tried strong lifts before? I'm coming off quite a high frequency of training so I'm excited to see what the high amount of rest days and low volume style training will do in terms of strength results which is my number 1 goal atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back