Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair it's not - the beef protein we got doesn't mix at all, and unless you like chewing your protein - it's really not fit for human consumption.

I so wish SciTec was cheaper :(

I've never tried beef protein powder of any type, but I have a pouch of impact whey and a meal shake called macro:meal from My Protein and both are fine. You tried any of their other products as an alternative?

I've never tried beef protein powder of any type, but I have a pouch of impact whey and a meal shake called macro:meal from My Protein and both are fine. You tried any of their other products as an alternative?
Yeah, was happy with the impact whey to be fair.

Overall happy with them, but if something from MyProtein is crap - you know it's gonna be the absolute worst lol

Been eating very healthily lately, for about the past month or so really. Abs are made in the kitchen and all that. Cutting out sugars from cordials like Robinsons/Hi Juice has been the toughest thing because I've been addicted to that sugary goodness since I was a kid.

Shooting for below 10% body fat and going for the ripped look, think Brad Pitt in fight club perhaps.

Bought some Callipers to measure my body fat so I can keep track. Those machines which claim to measure it are absolutely useless, my one at home says I've got 28% body fat which is grossly untrue, I'd be surprised if I'm above 15%. Hoping they arrive in the post today.

Wrote it in another thread but I will put it here as I plan to post a bit more in this one from now one.

3 weeks ago stepped on scales and was shown 92.5kg, a good 12.5kg more than I want to be and a good 7.5kg more than I was 6 months ago - put on the weight without even noticing it.

Healthy regime started since then, down to 88.5kg and doing sport 3 to 4 times a week plus 12 miles (total) to and from work 5 times a week, no excessive carbs at night and lots of fresh vegetables after work.

Weigh myself every Monday morning, so was 88.5kg last Monday, will be happy even if it's down to just 88kg when I step onto the scales in four days.

Will have played football 2x this week, spinning class, crossfit and cycling to work, so plenty of exercise done, and, more importantly, not ruined by pigging out on chocolate and sweets and definitely no beer!

Want to be 80kg by December.

Had a comically bad bike race today - cyclocross in the NW league. Not in good form, but thought first race of the season, I'll grit it out as a starting point and try and get my eye in. These races are always great anyway as you have your own battles with the guys around you, even if you're miles back.
Not even 5 mins in, race is backed up as 150 blokes try and ride round a narrow track, I get impatient with a few hesitant descenders and overtake off-line through a bomb-hole. Hammer both wheels on a hidden rock - double puncture. Tubular tyres, can't be fixed, no second bike, race over - gutted :( Plus it'll be £100 for new tyres - a learning experience.

What saved the day from being a complete cauldron of [Poor language removed] is the kids races these events put on. My 8yo son did the under tens, and after huge reluctance to do it, and it being pretty hard, he finished and was really happy he did it.

Got my first 10k run in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for what to do before the run (the week during and the actual morning).

The run is on the Saturday so should I run during the week? Long or short distance?

My heads battered over it, just want to be 100% going into it and get a good time.

Got my first 10k run in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for what to do before the run (the week during and the actual morning).

The run is on the Saturday so should I run during the week? Long or short distance?

My heads battered over it, just want to be 100% going into it and get a good time.

Unless you've got a programme mate run for 75% of your projected time on Monday and Wednesday and 50% of your projected time on Friday (with a view to the race being on the Sunday, so in your case do a very light run on the Friday ideally in the morning ). This scales with longer races. Use walkjogrun website in the future for programmes, it's great.

Whatever you do, if you're running a longer distance for the first time (or just don't run them that often) do not eat or do something really unusual on the morning of the race. If you're used to eating oatmeal and bananas then sound but if not you'll probably feel awful. Have a not too heavy breakfast a couple of hours before hand and don't overdo it on pre-race water or you'll feel like you're boiling your own head

Unless you've got a programme mate run for 75% of your projected time on Monday and Wednesday and 50% of your projected time on Friday (with a view to the race being on the Sunday, so in your case do a very light run on the Friday ideally in the morning ). This scales with longer races. Use walkjogrun website in the future for programmes, it's great.

Whatever you do, if you're running a longer distance for the first time (or just don't run them that often) do not eat or do something really unusual on the morning of the race. If you're used to eating oatmeal and bananas then sound but if not you'll probably feel awful. Have a not too heavy breakfast a couple of hours before hand and don't overdo it on pre-race water or you'll feel like you're boiling your own head
Nice one mate, helps a lot that ;)

First big run is the one mate, once that's done you'll feel boss.

It might sound insane but if you kept up the training you could take 10% off your finishing time if you ran the distance again four weeks later
Yeah can't wait for it. Just looking for a decent time (55/56 mins for a 10k would be good for me!)

Sounds a good idea, do want to keep training afterwards. Maybe I might get the running bug and look for more races to improve my time.. I'm hoping so anyway haha

Yeah can't wait for it. Just looking for a decent time (55/56 mins for a 10k would be good for me!)

Sounds a good idea, do want to keep training afterwards. Maybe I might get the running bug and look for more races to improve my time.. I'm hoping so anyway haha

I did chain distance running events for a while (a few weeks apart) but training for another it just bored the life out of me and I stopped mid-programme on one. I wasn't a comfortable runner anyway. But do a couple and you'll feel boss

Down from a quite frankly embarrassing 92.5kg to 87.5kg (14.6 to 13.7) within a month. At 5'10 I should be nowhere near that, and am aiming to get down to around 78/80kg and maintain that weight. Haven't been that weight for nearly 10 years, so will be a challenge, but I am doing well.

In fact, everybody I've told how much I weigh cannot believe I am anywhere near 87kg right now, obviously just pyar muscle ya no. ;)

18km a day cycling 5 times a week is helping, as is 1 hour crossfit a week, 1 hour spinning class a week plus either an hour or 90 minutes of 5-a-side footy a week, oh plus the odd 50-minute jog with the mrs now and again and the odd game of squash.

In terms of food, little to no chocolate, no more crisps or chips, a salad, bap and occasional pot of cottage cheese for lunch Monday - Friday, and a health relatively lo-carb meal at night. Treat myself to some nice food at the weekend.

Hoping to reach my target by Christmas, but would be buzzing to hit it early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back