Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from a few people MyProtein that their stuff is pretty poor quality, so I changed to BulkPowders (another good value site) and their instate oats don't mix at all. No matter how hard I shake my shaker it feels like I'm drinking wet sand. Horrible. And I've got another 10kg of it to go ffs.

I heard from a few people MyProtein that their stuff is pretty poor quality, so I changed to BulkPowders (another good value site) and their instate oats don't mix at all. No matter how hard I shake my shaker it feels like I'm drinking wet sand. Horrible. And I've got another 10kg of it to go ffs.
UNLUCKY WOOL

Has anyone experience of rotator cuff problems with the shoulder? Had a developing issue all year, got on the physio with band exercises, but that's done nothing to stop it getting worse - some movements are like an electric shock. Had a cortisone injection this week which is meant to calm it down, and allow the physio to work.

The strengthening exercises are OK by and large, but some of the stretches are out of the question. Seen a few random youtube videos saying that you need to push through the pain of the stretch and it will eventually improve - sounds a bit questionable so was wondering if anyone had experience of that.

My Protein were supposed to very low levels of protein but I don't how true it was because surely trading standards would have been in theregards. Some told me that their 80% isolate was as low as 30%.

Have you tried the protein works stuff, top notch and mixes like a dream

Has anyone experience of rotator cuff problems with the shoulder? Had a developing issue all year, got on the physio with band exercises, but that's done nothing to stop it getting worse - some movements are like an electric shock. Had a cortisone injection this week which is meant to calm it down, and allow the physio to work.

The strengthening exercises are OK by and large, but some of the stretches are out of the question. Seen a few random youtube videos saying that you need to push through the pain of the stretch and it will eventually improve - sounds a bit questionable so was wondering if anyone had experience of that.

Yep, ripped my 10 years ago and still struggle with it today for doing exactly what the dicks on YouTube are telling you. I pused through the pain for 3 years before I literally couldn't lift a 2kg dumbell above my head.

Go to the doctors and get physio, it'll strengthen it up unless it's a bad tear and it may require surgery. Don't lift through it, you'll do yourself more damage like I did

Yes. Got a grade 4 dislocation of me left shoulder about 11 years ago after slipping on a concrete ramp & being pulled off the floor by the arms when my shoulder was already out of it's socket which made it worse! :eek:

2months of physio and it went ok(ish) the physio said more or less the same about the pain barrier, but even today I still (intermittently) have trouble sleeping on me left side as a result. Can sometimes wake up and wait up to half an hour before the pain subsides enough for me to move it fully.

Still get ulnar neuropraxia now and then too; which feels like when you hit your funny bone, along with pins & needles, or mild electric shock type tingling in me ring & little fingers, but my doctor doesn't believe me which is why I haven't been for a few years.

Go to a good S&C coach and they'll give you some good mobility stuff

Loads of stuff online for rotator cuff injuries.

Rest is the biggest factor for recovery

Also, some physios haven't a clue what they are talking about. Took me 5 years to find a decent one

Yeah, I've got/had problems with it.
Defo what youtube says, in this case. I didn't believe it at first and it was absolutely crap, but it got better with more exercise. Downside of that is that it comes back when you stop for a while, which means that when I went back to the gym the other week some of the things were MUCH harder for my left arm.

We got beef protein the other week from them - absolute garbage. It doesn't mix, just foams up and remains in massive bits. It doesn't matter how/with what you mix it, nothing makes it actually dissolve.

Waste of money, and we've got another 5kg to go, but physically can't. Their customer support is garbage as well - different people email us both back after a day or two, asking the same questions all over again.

Their other products are good though. It seems it's just 'isolated' product groups like that.

My Protein were supposed to very low levels of protein but I don't how true it was because surely trading standards would have been in theregards. Some told me that their 80% isolate was as low as 30%.

Have you tried the protein works stuff, top notch and mixes like a dream
I would have thought so too, but a girl I know who is a fitness model said her agency told her their products were such poor quality they're barely fit for human consumption and have told all their models to stop taking it. I noticed as I upped my intake my skin was getting worse. Breaking out in more spots that I've had since I was a teenager. BulkPowders are similarly priced so could be just as bad. Or it could be a load of rubbish.

I've just bought 5kg of whey and 10kg of oats so It'll be a couple of months before I need more. I get most of my protein from food now anyway so I'm less reliant on supplements.
We got beef protein the other week from them - absolute garbage. It doesn't mix, just foams up and remains in massive bits. It doesn't matter how/with what you mix it, nothing makes it actually dissolve.

Waste of money, and we've got another 5kg to go, but physically can't. Their customer support is garbage as well - different people email us both back after a day or two, asking the same questions all over again.

Their other products are good though. It seems it's just 'isolated' product groups like that.
I think I might contact them actually because I've never had instant oats so terrible. MyProtein used to do good quality stuff but the last batch I got was very chalky, but this is even worse ffs.

I often put cheap Aldi oats and protein in my Nutribullet and they grind up fine. Granted it is a blender.

Thks all for the shoulder advice. It's actually OK for sports as I can ride my bikes fine, it's more concerning for everyday stuff like getting dressed in the morning. It's almost certainly not a tear, just an impingement / tendinitis - hoping the steroid injection calms it somewhat and I can get on top of the physio.

@Baines' left foot

Link to a Reddit thread on My Protein with a few studies thrown in there. From what I can tell they aren't the very best but still good for the price. Not fit for human consumption sounds like a massive exaggeration tbh.

To be fair it's not - the beef protein we got doesn't mix at all, and unless you like chewing your protein - it's really not fit for human consumption.

I so wish SciTec was cheaper :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back