Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
13lb lost in 3 weeks . 2 stone 10lb to go .
Impressive, well done mate. I was 14.5 stone and have lost 1 stone, 1 more to go until I'll be happy. Have already noticed stomach becoming flatter and my 'cupcake' fat on my hips getting smaller. I wasn't fat by any means, just chunky, but now I would like to be lean and mean. Depending on how quickly I reach 80kg (12.5 stone) and how I feel, I might drop another few KGs if I still have a bit of a belly.

Impressive, well done mate. I was 14.5 stone and have lost 1 stone, 1 more to go until I'll be happy. Have already noticed stomach becoming flatter and my 'cupcake' fat on my hips getting smaller. I wasn't fat by any means, just chunky, but now I would like to be lean and mean. Depending on how quickly I reach 80kg (12.5 stone) and how I feel, I might drop another few KGs if I still have a bit of a belly.
Is right mate . My goal to be happy is 14 stone I'd settle for that but I'd like to get to 13 stone but that'll be hard as I like my scoff too much . I lost 5 stone last year but I've put 2 1/2 back on

Is right mate . My goal to be happy is 14 stone I'd settle for that but I'd like to get to 13 stone but that'll be hard as I like my scoff too much . I lost 5 stone last year but I've put 2 1/2 back on
Aye, it's so easy to put it back on. Like right now, for example, I am being very strict in terms of diet and am able to stick to it. That means no sugary snacks during the day, no breakfast (not necessary to skip this, but I can do without) and fewer carbs in the evening, also no beer at home. But while I can do all of this while having my target weight in mind, I know it will be super difficult, once I reach 12 stone, to not slip back into ordering a couple of takeaways each week or buying beer for home or eating some chocolate or crisps during the day.

Hopefully I will find the right balance. I'll continue with my 40/60km cycling per week, and 2-3 other sessions of sport, so hopefully I can afford myself a couple of treats a week and just maintain the weight... seems about right.

Well this is just classic - went to physio yesterday about my sore knee, got given some core exercises to do to improve my stability.

Either I've done them wrong or I've done too much too quickly, but now I've got ripping pains across my abdomen which are wrecking me. Brilliant.

Aye, it's so easy to put it back on. Like right now, for example, I am being very strict in terms of diet and am able to stick to it. That means no sugary snacks during the day, no breakfast (not necessary to skip this, but I can do without) and fewer carbs in the evening, also no beer at home. But while I can do all of this while having my target weight in mind, I know it will be super difficult, once I reach 12 stone, to not slip back into ordering a couple of takeaways each week or buying beer for home or eating some chocolate or crisps during the day.

Hopefully I will find the right balance. I'll continue with my 40/60km cycling per week, and 2-3 other sessions of sport, so hopefully I can afford myself a couple of treats a week and just maintain the weight... seems about right.
Yeah once you get to the target it's all about finding the right balance. Which is the difficult part.

Don't wish to be the bearer of bad tidings and all, but to do that you'd have to average somewhere around 290 watts for an hour, which is pretty decent as you'd be averaging around 40kmh on the road (obviously wind/aero etc. plays a part)
What you on about mate? I had my heart frequency monitor across my chest the whole time.

What you on about mate? I had my heart frequency monitor across my chest the whole time.

Power (watts) is the most accurate way of measuring the amount of calories you burn as it's all a matter of energy. 951 in an hour is a lot, and would require you to cycle around 40km in an hour (on a flat road). As most spin sessions are intervals (ie hard efforts mixed with easier ones), that is unlikely. It's best to be realistic with these things, and most wearable monitors are anything but realistic with calorie counting :)

Power (watts) is the most accurate way of measuring the amount of calories you burn as it's all a matter of energy. 951 in an hour is a lot, and would require you to cycle around 40km in an hour (on a flat road). As most spin sessions are intervals (ie hard efforts mixed with easier ones), that is unlikely. It's best to be realistic with these things, and most wearable monitors are anything but realistic with calorie counting :)
Well in the course I go to a wearable monitor is the only way we have of knowing roughly how many calories we burned. Every other week it's around 850 calories, and I pushed harder last night and expected the number to go up, which it did. Can't imagine the monitor is any more than about 10% off, so delighted with the results regardless. ;)

Well in the course I go to a wearable monitor is the only way we have of knowing roughly how many calories we burned. Every other week it's around 850 calories, and I pushed harder last night and expected the number to go up, which it did. Can't imagine the monitor is any more than about 10% off, so delighted with the results regardless. ;)

By all means use it as a barometer to see how hard you're pushing, just don't use them as a realistic gauge of your calories burnt :) Even a drop of 10% would equate to around 38kmh on a flat road (ie still very rapid). It's perhaps realistic to expect a relatively untrained person to average 30kmh, which equates to ~ 700 calories burned in an hour.

Did crossfit last night. I'm not ashamed to admit I have little strength in my arms. Have never felt the need for having large biceps and so have never worked on them. The trainer had us doing so many kettlebell lifts, my arms were in agony.

One exercise she had was 30 mins long and was five different things with the kettlebell, including squats, swings (dunno the real name of it), lifting it above head with straight arm, etc. etc... starting off with five sets of each, then 10, then 20, then 40, then 20, then 10, then 5... unreal. I got as far as 40 of each, then the 30 mins was up, thank God. Could feel all energy being sapped out of my arms even after just 5 minutes. Also didn't help that she had us doing that in the second half of the session after we'd ran with the kettlebells and done all sorts of other stuff, ffs! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back