Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I remember him as a great player from a great era & will always be thankful for those memories.

i have no idea what he does now & whether he yields influence.

Blaming Graeme Sharp for our problems really takes the biscuit, the Board has overseen the decline of our club for years but some on here wish to highlight the new boy. Frank Lampard and all the players who aren’t capable of playing Premier League Football are the symptoms of years of bad oversight of the club, we can sack as many managers as you like and we can change players but until the problem is addressed we will not see any sort of change, we will continue the gradual decline and end up a Championship side or lower. The Owner and the Board need to be changed and people brought in who know what they are doing.

Blaming Graeme Sharp for our problems really takes the biscuit, the Board has overseen the decline of our club for years but some on here wish to highlight the new boy. Frank Lampard and all the players who aren’t capable of playing Premier League Football are the symptoms of years of bad oversight of the club, we can sack as many managers as you like and we can change players but until the problem is addressed we will not see any sort of change, we will continue the gradual decline and end up a Championship side or lower. The Owner and the Board need to be changed and people brought in who know what they are doing.

Well, it's inevitable.

He's been working directly with the board for a long time, and on our board officially for over a year now mate.

That brings inevitable critique - I mean, just a quick search of your posts for 'board'

I think that if we have learned anything over the last few years it is that sacking the manager and continuing with the same rudderless and clueless Board doesn’t work, goodness knows we have sacked a few over the last years. We have a Board/owner who seem to be clueless in the running of a Premier League club. We lurch from spending fortunes to spending nothing and we seem to expect either or both theses options to work. The club is a basket case, it is not a basket case because of Frank Lampard, it isn’t even a basket case because of the players, it is in such a state because of the people who take the big decisions, the people who appoint the manager, the people who approve the transfers. We have been served badly at the highest level within the club but we point the finger at the symptoms not the causes.
Every Evertonian should be demanding that every person in a position of power within the club is held to account,

He takes some blame for propping up a rancid regime.

He has soft power in that respect, just like Snodin and Stuart.

There's a time when speaking out has to trump personal vested interests - not so much now as he's a board member and they have to take collective responsibility. But he was rewarded with that position for helping to screen Kenwright from criticism while working as a pundit.

But there's other organisations around the club that feed off them and have a parasitical releationship who weild that soft power too.

They're all to blame alongside Sharp.

He's no legend for me now. He's damaged goods in that respect.

Now am really confused. I think we are in agreement here. Board to blame + Sharp is one of only 4 board members = Sharp has to take some of the blame. What's so controversial about what some of us are saying?

There's a time when speaking out has to trump personal vested interests - not so much now as he's a board member and they have to take collective responsibility. But he was rewarded with that position for helping to screen Kenwright from criticism while working as a pundit.

But there's other organisations around the club that feed off them and have a parasitical releationship who weild that soft power too.

Come back and get taken on to ensure pension.

Now am really confused. I think we are in agreement here. Board to blame + Sharp is one of only 4 board members = Sharp has to take some of the blame. What's so controversial about what some of us are saying?
I probably made my point badly, Sharp has to shoulder some blame. Here I wholeheartedly agree with Davek, being an ex-player and a fan favourite he is providing cover for those who are responsible for the demise of a great club. The point I was clumsily trying to make is that we have to put the blame where it belongs and that is with the decision makers.
The Board of this club will do anything to retain their seats, the recent review of the club is a case in point. An in depth review of the club was completed and the result was a couple of minor dismissals.

I'm bumping this thread just to see if there has been any word on social media from Sharp? I don't do Twitter etc, so anybody know? Does he do Twitter? Has he tweeted anything? Thanks.

I probably made my point badly, Sharp has to shoulder some blame. Here I wholeheartedly agree with Davek, being an ex-player and a fan favourite he is providing cover for those who are responsible for the demise of a great club. The point I was clumsily trying to make is that we have to put the blame where it belongs and that is with the decision makers.
The Board of this club will do anything to retain their seats, the recent review of the club is a case in point. An in depth review of the club was completed and the result was a couple of minor dismissals.
One of my heroes but he was brought in to
Provide cover , he must be able to see what overs can. Sometimes in life you have to do the right thing and doing the right thing so I takes courage .

One of my heroes but he was brought in to
Provide cover , he must be able to see what overs can. Sometimes in life you have to do the right thing and doing the right thing so I takes courage .

Sharp could be a bigger hero for the fans now than he ever was as a player, if he only broke ranks and spoke honestly to the fans and called on Kenwright to resign for the good of the club.

What upsets me is the Ground tours - he plus the hangers on former players should do them at the price Dave Hickson did plus Gordon Watson - when they agree to do the odd ones they do - the price is astronomical it should be every week at the same price as it normally are - plus are they pocketing the extra funds ....just dont know what Sharp, Snodin, & Stuart do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back