2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all crack me up. Who on earth would score goals if he was gone? If he's a second striker, he's doing his job. He's the only one even getting shots anywhere near goal.

I love how everyone is saying how badly we need somenoe to hold and carry the ball. That's Gomes role. He's capable, but he's not doing a good job of it right now. Simple as that.

If you believe that this GANA -- GOMES -- SIGURDSSON setup should be successful...then what successful team plays anything like it with similar types of players?

I dont know any.

If you believe that this GANA -- GOMES -- SIGURDSSON setup should be successful...then what successful team plays anything like it with similar types of players?

I dont know any.

You being serious? A 4-2-3-1 with a ball winner behind a box to box player in Central Midfield? Quite a few. Most teams have more than 3 players that can play in the midfield, though.

He was a liability yesterday. A detriment to the side. But same could have been said for Gomes, Gueye and Richarlison as well.

9 goals and 3 assists. Our joint top scorer, yet gets an unbelievable amount of criticism on a weekly basis. Who was the last midfielder we had that got into double figures in a season? Cahill?

And don't even bother with that "lad most of his goals have been pointless" nonsense, a goals a goal. He's a player who when even the team ain't playing well, can pull you out a hole rather than sit around sulking like the majority seem to do.

9 goals and 3 assists. Our joint top scorer, yet gets an unbelievable amount of criticism on a weekly basis. Who was the last midfielder we had that got into double figures in a season? Cahill?

And don't even bother with that "lad most of his goals have been pointless" nonsense, a goals a goal. He's a player who when even the team ain't playing well, can pull you out a hole rather than sit around sulking like the majority seem to do.

Yeah but lad most of his goals have been pointless

I think hes a very good player and hes been solid this season. He finds himself now in the same predicament a lot of our players and the club generally are in with poor form and confidence. Theres been low confidence in the squad since the derby defeat, we are so mentally fragile, we have been since Martinez last season.

Only digne for me has maintained a consistent level this season, literally every other player has been massively up and down since the defeat. Gomes of today looks half the player he was against the rs. It's just confidence which comes from results. Doesn't mean they're bad players and we write them off. Dont get me wrong we do have a lot of players that aren't good enough but personally I feel like sigurdsson isn't one of the. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back