2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he scored, he's got more goals/assists than Bernard, Lookman, Calvert Lewin, Walcott, Gomes and Gueye combined and covers as much ground as any of them yet people think Sigurdsson is the problem?

Try closing down your WhoScored tab and watching games.

He's effective and I'd rather have effective players than players who look good on the eye but actually achieve no end product ever. I love watching Bernard in particular he looks busy and has all the ability in the world which gets the fans off their seats however it all rarely results in anything actually happening and that's the difference

He's effective and I'd rather have effective players than players who look good on the eye but actually achieve no end product ever. I love watching Bernard in particular he looks busy and has all the ability in the world which gets the fans off their seats however it all rarely results in anything actually happening and that's the difference

But if we had a fluid attacking system in place then end product would naturally come.

9 goals and 3 assists. Our joint top scorer, yet gets an unbelievable amount of criticism on a weekly basis. Who was the last midfielder we had that got into double figures in a season? Cahill?

And don't even bother with that "lad most of his goals have been pointless" nonsense, a goals a goal. He's a player who when even the team ain't playing well, can pull you out a hole rather than sit around sulking like the majority seem to do.

LOL.

Last chance to sell him this summer otherwise it's an incredibly big investment pretty much gone wrong and no chance to recoup any decent money. We may be able to con somebody out of 20m if we're really lucky. His goal return this season will be great, in all honesty, but his all round play is very poor and doesn't suit us at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back