2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in the same sentence. One is 21,could be best player in the league in 5,6 years, and productive, looks class above millwall . Other is 29, needs certain formation that is good only for him and is bought on basis what he is now, does not poke your eye with class against millwall
Richy could be the best in the Prem Lge in 5 or 6 years? Like Jack Rodwell and Ross Barkley were touted as future England captains! No he won,t and never will be!

We had 1 shot on target last night and everyone is raving about how well Davies played further fwd. Now I’m not denying that TD didn’t have a better game than normal, as he did play well in spells; but he needs to create more chances or even look like scoring if he’s going to be a permanent fixture in the team. Something which Gylfi does better than anyone in our squad.

I agree he’s been poor since like November, but we don’t have anyone else that can offer the goal threat he does in that position. Until we can get a player in that can create chances and score goals, as well as do all the other stuff that the fans demand; we’re gonna be stuck with him.

We had 1 shot on target last night and everyone is raving about how well Davies played further fwd. Now I’m not denying that TD didn’t have a better game than normal, as he did play well in spells; but he needs to create more chances or even look like scoring if he’s going to be a permanent fixture in the team. Something which Gylfi does better than anyone in our squad.

I agree he’s been poor since like November, but we don’t have anyone else that can offer the goal threat he does in that position. Until we can get a player in that can create chances and score goals, as well as do all the other stuff that the fans demand; we’re gonna be stuck with him.

Does it so well that we created even less and offered less threat when he came on.

Does it so well that we created even less and offered less threat when he came on.

But Davies was on for 90 min and didn’t create any. This is what i’m saying, until we get someone who can create chances and score goals, then he’s not going to be sold like most of you want.

GS has been terrible for weeks, but he still manages to score and create chances. People rave about the other lads around him that have good games, like Lookman, Bernard, Gomes and Davies and between them all they haven’t scored as many as Sig.

If anything, it shows how in dire need we are of a creative, goalscoring midfielder.

But Davies was on for 90 min and didn’t create any. This is what i’m saying, until we get someone who can create chances and score goals, then he’s not going to be sold like most of you want.

GS has been terrible for weeks, but he still manages to score and create chances. People rave about the other lads around him that have good games, like Lookman, Bernard, Gomes and Davies and between them all they haven’t scored as many as Sig.

If anything, it shows how in dire need we are of a creative, goalscoring midfielder.

Hasn’t scored since Southampton and even that was a consolation.

Hasn’t scored a meaningful goal in 10/11 games - Burnley away

I think 433 is the way forward, but I don’t think the 3 who played last night are the answer. I definitely wouldn’t want us to spend 30mil+ on Gomes. Davies is only 20 so is always going to be inconsistent and on some days he looks a player and other days he looks championship standard. Abs everyone knows my feelings on Gana, I don’t think he’s good enough to play the number 6 role.

But I do think that system, suits attacking full backs and will suit Richarlison playing as a wide left attacker and who ever we get to play the right side.

Hasn’t scored since Southampton and even that was a consolation.

Hasn’t scored a meaningful goal in 10/11 games - Burnley away

That’s like using the argument that without Lukaku’s goals we still finished in the same position.

He’s our 2nd top scorer so still offers a threat, where as the players we’ve got that can replace him, don’t.

That’s like using the argument that without Lukaku’s goals we still finished in the same position.

He’s our 2nd top scorer so still offers a threat, where as the players we’ve got that can replace him, don’t.

How do you know? We haven’t tried alternative formations or players in his position against teams that aren’t the actual league champions.

Nah, it's different to the Lukaku nonsense.

Sigurdsson fanboys love to point to his incredible stats when, at the end of the day, he's a pretty average player with pretty average stats. For being such a creative genius, he's got as many assists as Tosun, Digne, Sean Morrison of Cardiff and Steve Mounie of free-scoring Huddersfield.

He has less assists than the 'brain dead' Ross Barkley, too.

Richy could be the best in the Prem Lge in 5 or 6 years? Like Jack Rodwell and Ross Barkley were touted as future England captains! No he won,t and never will be!
More like understand the big fee, seeing potential, like him as player all things considered than certain he will be next rivaldo, as opposed to siggy, who is not bad to be in squad but as 45 mil star we make formation for...In that sense

How do you know? We haven’t tried alternative formations or players in his position against teams that aren’t the actual league champions.

None of them have shown, in the games that they’ve played, that they have a consistent goal threat.

Again, I’m not defending Sig in his current form, cos he’s been terrible. I’m pointing out that the players we have to come into the team are nowhere near good enough to provide the threat that we need in that position. Whether that be as a number 10, or furthest forward of a 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back