2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it's different to the Lukaku nonsense.

Sigurdsson fanboys love to point to his incredible stats when, at the end of the day, he's a pretty average player with pretty average stats. For being such a creative genius, he's got as many assists as Tosun, Digne, Sean Morrison of Cardiff and Steve Mounie of free-scoring Huddersfield.

He has less assists than the 'brain dead' Ross Barkley, too.

Him being 2nd top scorer isn’t a stat mate, it’s an indication of where we are; in that a lad that a lot of people deem not fit to wear the shirt is our 2nd best goal threat.

Hate him or not, we are more likely to score when an in from Gylfi is on the pitch than when the others that come in to replace him are.

This is why the manager keeps playing him. Until we get someone else in, I think he will continue to pick him.

Him being 2nd top scorer isn’t a stat mate, it’s an indication of where we are; in that a lad that a lot of people deem not fit to wear the shirt is our 2nd best goal threat.

Hate him or not, we are more likely to score when an in from Gylfi is on the pitch than when the others that come in to replace him are.

This is why the manager keeps playing him. Until we get someone else in, I think he will continue to pick him.

Oh, very much so.

Also just that we've seen the 'in-form Sigurdsson' this season and we won't see him again.

We can't afford to play 4 attackers. We aren't good enough.

We need to play 433.

The number 10 role in football is pretty much dead. You need to play fast and direct. He needs to play wide left, in a midfield 3, or more likely, be a sub.

Not that the role is dead, TT, but you need a more dynamic player there.

Look at the best ones in the league - Silva, De Bruyne, Eriksen - all mobile, all action. Don't pass through games very often.

Not that the role is dead, TT, but you need a more dynamic player there.

Look at the best ones in the league - Silva, De Bruyne, Eriksen - all mobile, all action. Don't pass through games very often.

I wouldn't class any of those as 10s. They dont play as high as Siguurdson. They are all also top level midfield players.

I don't see the place for a 10. We need the extra man in midfield. 4231 with a number 10 is so bad.

Sell while we still can. Too slow for the English game. He may run a lot, but he's always a half step behind. Still has a couple of good years left if can play in a slowed down, more technical league, like Spain or Italy.

I don't disagree amigo - you can see how well the Reds do without a 10 like.

Coutinho going was the best that happenned to them. They stumbled across the right blend because of that.

We lack the goals is our problem. I'd love to drop him and play a completely different system but it's not that simple when you are as toothless as we are.

He might not be our second top scorer if he didn’t take all the pens. Also he would have more goals if he hadn’t have missed a few as well. An average player who can finish ok. May as well put Tosun at ten, it would probably have the same effect.

Coutinho going was the best that happenned to them. They stumbled across the right blend because of that.

We lack the goals is our problem. I'd love to drop him and play a completely different system but it's not that simple when you are as toothless as we are.
Would help if Walcott started scoring a few.

I don't get it... We played a City side who let the opposition play because they know they will create more and we created absolutely nothing. Nearly every team that have played city lately have calved out 2-3 decent chances and we had none so we're saying that dropping Sig who creates chances was a master stroke because we played better but we created no chances. I've said it 3-4 times this season he is the most effective player we have Bernard can run around but creates nothing, Walcott is fast but creates nothing, Davies/Gueye are tenacious but create nothing, Gomes is silky but actually creates nothing, DCL creates nothing with all these players we look like we can keep the ball and cause problems but we actually create nothing. Sig creates things he plays the killer pass something no-one else in this squad can do. We can look defensively great we can look composed in possession it means nothing without unlocking the defence and that's what Sig does. I'd take someone who does nothing for 90 mins except have 2 shots score a goal and create 1-2 chances for the rest of the team over a bunch of players who make it look like something might happen but it never actually does any day of the week.

I don't get it... We played a City side who let the opposition play because they know they will create more and we created absolutely nothing. Nearly every team that have played city lately have calved out 2-3 decent chances and we had none so we're saying that dropping Sig who creates chances was a master stroke because we played better but we created no chances. I've said it 3-4 times this season he is the most effective player we have Bernard can run around but creates nothing, Walcott is fast but creates nothing, Davies/Gueye are tenacious but create nothing, Gomes is silky but actually creates nothing, DCL creates nothing with all these players we look like we can keep the ball and cause problems but we actually create nothing. Sig creates things he plays the killer pass something no-one else in this squad can do. We can look defensively great we can look composed in possession it means nothing without unlocking the defence and that's what Sig does. I'd take someone who does nothing for 90 mins except have 2 shots score a goal and create 1-2 chances for the rest of the team over a bunch of players who make it look like something might happen but it never actually does any day of the week.

He’s far and away our best player.

The claims that he’s lazy or hides show just how ignorant some fans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back