Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised/disappointed this one is still running. It's clear Swansea don't want to sell. Who can blame them. They have season tickets to sell. He's the fans favourite. They might not have top 5 money, but they do have Sky money, they don't have to sell. And the player has shown no sign of rocking the boat.

Walsh & his team of 100 scouts have had since January to identify targets.

Yeah they have, that's why we have signed six players already whilst other teams haven't signed anyone....and it looks more increasingly likely Gylfi is going to sign

I'm surprised/disappointed this one is still running. It's clear Swansea don't want to sell. Who can blame them. They have season tickets to sell. He's the fans favourite. They might not have top 5 money, but they do have Sky money, they don't have to sell. And the player has shown no sign of rocking the boat.

Walsh & his team of 100 scouts have had since January to identify targets.

I think they DO want to sell, just playing hard ball to keep fans happy and maybe sorting out replacements before clubs find out how much money they have to play with.

He's a central midfielder.

We have enough of them.

Koeman wants another playmaker.

i know Sigurdsson plays;

CM for Iceland
LW + ACM for Swansea
and has also played CM and CF for Swansea

Now, what i'm thinking is that we'll use him at both left attack in a 3 and also central midfield. We then move out a few centre mids leaving a core of Gana, Schneiderlin, Davies and Klaassen and Sigurdsson comes back in here when were attacking or in certain games when needed.

Because for the life of me if that's not the case then I'm struggling to see the logic

This looks like it will get done soon then really, wonder if the Swansea 'invented' Leicester bid was them letting it out what value they truly put on the player?

It could very well have been. It definitely wouldn't be the first time thats happened in football. Koeman and Walsh must have a role in mind for him and think he can bring something to the team.

Exactly. It's easy to say "we should have been in for him" but it's obvious he's one of the biggest talents in the world and would have had his pick of the clubs, and at this stage we wouldn't have been able to compete in a sporting or financial aspect, hence him heading off to Champions League and tax-free Monaco

If we offered Anderlecht 40mil we would have got him if everyone else offered half. Having said that, its down to the player in the end.

Exactly. It's easy to say "we should have been in for him" but it's obvious he's one of the biggest talents in the world and would have had his pick of the clubs, and at this stage we wouldn't have been able to compete in a sporting or financial aspect, hence him heading off to Champions League and tax-free Monaco
It's the reason you can't wait a season with these types of players. Even top clubs like Bayern are now snapping up 18 years olds. Teams like Monaco have champions league, first team football and possible trophies to offer.

Even without waiting e.g. with Dolberg we probably still wouldn't get them.

Seeing £20m rejected for Arnautovic and quoted for McCarthy...

The way the game is going...

Very tricky to benchmark.
We get £20m for McCarthy and add in the Cleverley money then it not as big an outlay for Gylfi. Just a bit gutting that getting him means Barkley will almost certainly be off.

Watch how crap sky are.. it's broken over twitter and forums etc. Give it till about 10.15 and there will be yellow banner 'sky sources believe...."

Rant over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back