Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha......like that WUM is going to get onboard with anything Koeman does - still mourning the loss of that Spanish clown El Fraudo. We'd be still be signing the likes of Cleverley and Niasse with that muppet in charge. lol

You can imagine the new signing videos, heading down the corridors of Finch Farm past Mcgeady, spinning through an open door, through the physio room where Kone and McCarthy are on a bed mummified, when the camera pans to Alcaraz with a biro writing on the camera. Sin Miedo.

I'm really not too bothered about bringing Sigurdsson in. His major strength is his dead balls but by all accounts that is one of Sandros strongpoints. He doesn't affect the game from open play as much as I'd like. If we are looking for someone to play on the left of an attacking three would like someone more direct and pacy.

Barkley should be out there even if we DO sign Siggy. Maybe not in every situation, especially if we want to play with some pace and width, but otherwise, assuming we play a back 4, Gana/Morgan at DCM, Klasser at CM, Siggy out left, Ross out right, Giroud (Rom replacement) in the middle. Sandro sneaks into CF, could also play instead of Ross/Siggy, Mirallas could occasionally be in there, and we might want to buy a winger like Gray against different lineups.

Rooney can play instead of any of the front 3 as well, and I would imagine he will. It's a good rotation, just needs a bit more pace.

I'm really not too bothered about bringing Sigurdsson in. His major strength is his dead balls but by all accounts that is one of Sandros strongpoints. He doesn't affect the game from open play as much as I'd like. If we are looking for someone to play on the left of an attacking three would like someone more direct and pacy.
He's plenty direct. He's not a holding type player, he'll move the ball forward and quickly. But yeah, I am also concerned a bit about pace.

Sandro is also not in Siggy's league when it comes to free kicks and I also don't think you'd want Sandro on corners.

Barkley should be out there even if we DO sign Siggy. Maybe not in every situation, especially if we want to play with some pace and width, but otherwise, assuming we play a back 4, Gana/Morgan at DCM, Klasser at CM, Siggy out left, Ross out right, Giroud (Rom replacement) in the middle. Sandro sneaks into CF, could also play instead of Ross/Siggy, Mirallas could occasionally be in there, and we might want to buy a winger like Gray against different lineups.

Rooney can play instead of any of the front 3 as well, and I would imagine he will. It's a good rotation, just needs a bit more pace.

That sounds actually good if it can gel

This notion that he doesn't affect the game from open play is ridiculous, imo.

He very much does.

I think Koeman has tried to get the best out of Barkley. It's not Koeman who is running down his contract. He seems to have tried to get him to sign, but to no avail. Barkley either really wants to leave or he's asking for a salary that the club feel he doesn't deserve, and that's it. Stay or go it's Ross's choice, he has full control and no one other than Barkley should be blamed.........
We believe what we see and how we interpret it. I see a manager hounding a player through the media from day one.

I notice Ratcliffe said as much last week too. He's just had him marked down for the exit as soon as he came in.

If he succeeds in getting shut of him after losing Lukaku he better pray he gets this season right or there'll be no hiding place for him next season.

That sounds actually good if it can gel
Imagine how good it would be with a healthy Shamus and a stud CB to play with Keane.

Heck, imagine Keane/VVD/Holgate or Williams, with Morgan/Gana in front of them and a couple of true wingers on the outside like Bolassie/Lookman/Gray. With VVD and Pickford's distribution, our counter attack would be nuts.

Can't believe some people are moaning. Look at City when they had their millions, which is a lot more than ours, they bought similar type of players that we are doing now because unfortunately until you win something or break the top 4 it's going to be difficult to get the next level to sign. You have to build up just like City did. Plus when have we ever spent this amount on players ever. Enjoy it! Anyway I would be made up with this signing. Hope it happens.

You believe for one second that anything we did transfer wise last summer would have stopped Lukaku wanting out this one mate, he's just turned his back on his 'dream' club to go sign with his Dabbing buddy
If we'd ACTUALLY done what Moshiri stated he wanted to do which is to invest in the squad, who is to say we wouldn't have got CL last season or a trophy? Then he'd be still here for sure.

You cant absolve the management of this club for another star player leaving. They've gotten away with that for too long, and they have an army of helpers all too willing to blackguard players as Judas's to help them out.

Can't believe some people are moaning. Look at City when they had their millions, which is a lot more than ours, they bought similar type of players that we are doing now because unfortunately until you win something or break the top 4 it's going to be difficult to get the next level to sign. You have to build up just like City did. Plus when have we ever spent this amount on players ever. Enjoy it! Anyway I would be made up with this signing. Hope it happens.
Who's moaning >>/>?;)

We tried to sign Mata and Witsel, they wouldn't come.

Barkley has flattered to deceive for years and frankly was not good enough last year. He's been offered a better contract (that he is not value for and has not earned) and he's not signed.

Hounded out by Koeman? Hardly. He's now just under a manager who isn't enamoured with him and sees him as just another player who is judged on what he does on the pitch.
Oh aye, and Koulibaly and Sissoko...

"Hey, it looks like Sigurdsson is going to Everton - fairly safe to lie to everyone and pretend we have sources, because if it goes through we're sourced to the tits and if it doesn't, who cares, it's Twitter!"
Twitter seems very aptly named as it seems solely inhabited by twits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back