Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand Swansea digging their heels in and wanting more, we've had it happen to us numerous times. But £50m just isn't going to happen.

He wants out, Everton want him. I think it'll happen for about £35m with a couple of add ons thrown in. They're playing hardball and rightly so.
But does he? There has been no suggestion he asked to leave. Siguardsson is supposedly a model pro and I highly doubt he'd try to force the move through. Unless Swansea drop their asking price or siguardsson hands on a transfer request, I'd be surprised if this happened.

Everton must have shown their interest for a fair period. Maybe he did enjoy the relegation battle with Swansea, he does not want to move.
Well when we approached him in January wasn't it ?? He wanted to stay there...aye maybe he genuinely loves the place. Respect to him.

So you were ok with Everton splashing 40 million on Sigurdsson but not 50 million ? I think that's the general outcome from what I've read on this thread so far. We are talking about a difference of 10 million here.

In 4 years time I'd like to think that Everton would of gone on and broke into that top four. Dare I say it, won a pot. That's the plan here under the new Everton, to push on and start challenging. Sigurdsson being here and taking us to the next level would be worth the money paid. It pays for itself in the long run.

The question is : Do we think Sigurdsson is that player to take us to the next level ? Again from what I've read on the thread, the majority seem to think so, as do Everton football club.
I have to say I agree with all of that. He's a very good and effective player and frankly about the limit of the quality of player we can attract.

I'd love us to sign him, but not for more than 35m , even that is stretching it a bit , 50m is a joke FFS , 50m gets you Perisic or Naingollan

Last edited:

We brought in Walsh to identify value for money in the transfer market, players that are difficult to spot. Gana, henry onyekuru, Lookman and Sandro are classic examples of that. Spending over £40 million on Gylfi just doesn't in any way fit into why Walsh was brought into the club.

It's a poor look for Swnasea though. No decent player is going to want to go there if their development is going to be stifled by them asking for daft fees. It's also probably Gylfi's last chance of making it at a big club and pushing for honours. So he will probably be disgruntled that after all his hard work last year in keeping them up they club are asking for an unrealistic fee.

£50 million ?? I love Siggy but sorry no !! Not worth £50 million, I was balking at £35, He is good, great in fact but that's got to be about £20 too much. He doesn't seem the type of player to down tools and demand a leave so this has to be dead now.
Lad, how much he costs doesn't matter anymore. The market prices are ridiculous now. If we want him, we should just pay it. It's not my money - nor yours and if the club can afford whatever the fee is, they should pay it.

Lad, how much he costs doesn't matter anymore. The market prices are ridiculous now. If we want him, we should just pay it. It's not my money - nor yours and if the club can afford whatever the fee is, they should pay it.
Nah, Not for me but as you said, It's not my money.

That's if Ross signs. Big if.

Siggy is a lot better than Ross and would be a significant impact player for us.

I'm not saying we should spend 50M on him, but he's not a luxury. We need to be BETTER after the Rom deal, not worse.

He isn't a lot better really. He's better, IMO, currently, but Ross has a higher ceiling.

But yes, it is a big if.

That's why we're probably looking to do this deal regardless, though if Barkley does sign, then Sigurdsson to an extent becomes a luxury signing.

This is why I think it'll drag on, though of course I could be wide of the mark. We'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, I mean... I get we now have money... but to throw it around on players of that level AT THAT PRICE ?? would be madness tbh.
Such a shame, Really wanted him here.
i get it, he basically kept them up last season so he's priceless to them but for 50m we can be targetting in elite level players - not a solid prem player from a bottom half club.

We brought in Walsh to identify value for money in the transfer market, players that are difficult to spot. Gana, henry onyekuru, Lookman and Sandro are classic examples of that. Spending over £40 million on Gylfi just doesn't in any way fit into why Walsh was brought into the club.

It's a poor look for Swnasea though. No decent player is going to want to go there if their development is going to be stifled by them asking for daft fees. It's also probably Gylfi's last chance of making it at a big club and pushing for honours. So he will probably be disgruntled that after all his hard work last year in keeping them up they club are asking for an unrealistic fee.

Good point.;) I've said earlier in this thread, if siguardsson wants the move I feel he'll have to try and force it (transfer request) but that doesn't seem in his character to do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back