Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what was the point of signing him for

'Productivity' essentially Walsh and Koeman were playing money ball with little regard to how these players would fit together. It was all on stats. Gylfi with his assists and goals, Klassen with his goals at Ajax, Sandro 16 in la lega, but with no idea how they would settle or fit together in a system though.

He seems to run around an awful lot but without necessarily having an impact on the game. It's like the ball and the game keeps passing him by but he's still running around like a headless chicken.

He needs to look at, for example, how Eriksen plays for spurs. Off the ball he's so clever, always taking up positions all over the pitch where he can both support his team and try to make things happen.

His effort and talent are clear to see, he just needs to be a bit smarter deciding where and when to put himself in my opinion.

He popped up in central positions plenty of times yesterday, and he has done in lots of games this season, and still we wait for him to even try to slide a pass through to a striker rather than take the safe option.

He did it to Vlasic against Limassol as a I said earlier.

Mate, we never have anybody running in behind as we play with one striker, who constantly has to battle two grock centre-halves.

I wouldn't say Lookman's was a good ball yesterday, Niasse just managed to make more of it.

He seems to run around an awful lot but without necessarily having an impact on the game. It's like the ball and the game keeps passing him by but he's still running around like a headless chicken.

He needs to look at, for example, how Eriksen plays for spurs. Off the ball he's so clever, always taking up positions all over the pitch where he can both support his team and try to make things happen.

His effort and talent are clear to see, he just needs to be a bit smarter deciding where and when to put himself in my opinion.

At Swansea, yes mate, have yet to see this with us though.

Last edited:
Does he get into our strongest eleven with all players fit? No, he doesn't.

Which is frankly embarrassing considering the money paid.

Didn't even take the corner - which he's been brought in to do - for the equaliser.

Time for a spell on the bench.

Reckon he does C, depending on the system.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Jagzzz Baines

Gueye Schneiderlin

Barkley Gylfi Bolasie

OUMAR

Reckon if we went 4-2-3-1, that's our best XI, playing that formation, if we're just going off like y'know, general quality of players and players such as Morgan not being bad meffs...

Reckon he does C, depending on the system.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Jagzzz Baines

Gueye Schneiderlin

Barkley Gylfi Bolasie

OUMAR

Reckon if we went 4-2-3-1, that's our best XI, playing that formation, if we're just going off like y'know, general quality of players and players such as Morgan not being bad meffs...

P I've had one look at that team and seen Barkley out wide and I'm sorry, I'm in tears.

Give him a chance. We’ve hardly had any movement, confidence, correct position, coaching or players to aim at. He was never going to be a playmaker

I'm massively hoping Ross comes back fit and raring to go - and stay! - and have him running the games for us. With Gylfi and hopefully soon enough Bolasie back, that should give them all more time and space to work.

He did it to Vlasic against Limassol as a I said earlier.

Mate, we never have anybody running in behind as we play with one striker, who constantly has to battle two grock centre-halves.

I wouldn't say Lookman's was a good ball yesterday, Niasse just managed to make more of it.

Vlasic against Limassol, when it was literally the only option on, that's it in about 15 games. You don't pay £45m for that, I'm sorry.

But that's my point! Lookman had been on 5 minutes and took a risk with a through ball, and it paid off. Outside of a mental 60 yard volley, Sigurdsson hasn't taken a risk since he turned up, it's just the safe ball every single time.

I would like to know how RK thought his transfer purchases would line up; Klarsen, Rooney, Sandro and the 45 million man.

If Gilfi had not cost 45 million he would not have been in yesterday's team. He's been poor in every respect. He missed a good chance against Burnley, a half-chance against Lyon and a great chance yesterday; he's dead ball kicks have varied in quality and he's not had not one shot on target. The goal against Hadjuk Split was great but totally out of character.

I would drop him for either Lookman or the lad from Croatia who at least have a go and can run at defenders.

P I've had one look at that time and seen Barkley out wide and I'm sorry, I'm in tears.

Where did he have his best games for us last year C?

Wide right, freedom to cut in and join the attack or similarly dropping back into midfield, playing with Coleman behind him - well, Coleman pretty much acting as the right winger.

Ross is a dire 10. Gets caught out too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back