2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree, and Carsley used to do a far better job of breaking up play and assisting the back four than Schneiderlin and Guye put together.

Unfortunately, as discussed as a result of this post earlier in the thread, It's possibly not Gylfi's game. My frustration is squarely with the board / Koeman. I want him to do well but I maintain he's not the signing we needed and we paid well over the odds. Again not the players fault.

Unfortunately he's a lightening rod for collective angst because of his fee. At least he's trying unlike some and he didn't decide the fee. He is what he is. Not his fault our board have been poor in the transfer market.

He's slow. He can't keep the ball. He hides.

Hes got a good shot and set piece on him. That's it. That's all he does.

He's a good squad player. Nothing more. However we are awful and spent a lot for him to be a key player.

New scapegoat. He hasn't been half as bad as most. Scored a worldy as well

You know what, you're right, he hasn't.

Because the likes of Ashley Williams have been involved in games to make mistakes, or Rooney has gone looking for the ball and done nothing with it often.

So no, Sigurdsson hasn't been as bad as those players - it's worse actually; he's been totally and completely anonymous. His Everton career to date consists of two spectacular goals and absolutely nothing else.

You know what, you're right, he hasn't.

Because the likes of Ashley Williams have been involved in games to make mistakes, or Rooney has gone looking for the ball and done nothing with it often.

So no, Sigurdsson hasn't been as bad as those players - it's worse actually; he's been totally and completely anonymous. His Everton career to date consists of two spectacular goals and absolutely nothing else.

No offence but claiming other players have been as bad as Ashley Williams isn't an opinion befitting of someone in the top 5% of global intelligence mate?

Unfortunately, as discussed as a result of this post earlier in the thread, It's possibly not Gylfi's game. My frustration is squarely with the board / Koeman. I want him to do well but I maintain he's not the signing we needed and we paid well over the odds. Again not the players fault.

I think he is the signing we needed tbh. We didn't really need klaassen though. The problem is, we didn't buy a bloody striker for gylfi to actually link with. Swansea were crap last season, but gylfi had an actual striker to combine with and those two single handedly kept them up. He would have been amazing for us this season linking up with giroud and we'd be in a totally different situation now most probably.

Not sure why they wouldn't play miralles on the left and him in the middle behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 he's much more effective in the middle. That 4-4-2 with dcl and miralles up top was dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back