2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking that he continues to get picked tbh Joe, terrible mistake by Unsworth to have him in the starting 11

Unsworth has show that he's not capable of managing this squad of players - it's gotten noticeably worse since he's been boss, masked slightly by two very fortunate results based purely on opposition mistakes forced by Niasse.

Got to the point now that even if a new manager cones in and gets some performing then for me anyway there done at this club.

Williams, Schneiderlin, Mirallas being the main three.

Still unsure on Gueye as well, when you have a player who posts really impressive stats. Yet every single other centre mid we've played alongside him has seen there own game nosedive, read a piece on him late last season where it showed just how often he is caught ahead of the ball by chasing after it and leaving massive gaps that mean the team can be carved open with ease.

Even today at times he was actually pressing there left back deep inside their half.

Actually think he's massively overrated based on the fact he runs loads, but those gaps he leaves for a supposed defensive midfielder are criminal.

Great goal but aside from that several times he stood still in a dangerous attacking situaton and watched us lose the ball, not giving us anything close to 100%

I think he is the signing we needed tbh. We didn't really need klaassen though. The problem is, we didn't buy a bloody striker for gylfi to actually link with. Swansea were crap last season, but gylfi had an actual striker to combine with and those two single handedly kept them up. He would have been amazing for us this season linking up with giroud and we'd be in a totally different situation now most probably.

Quite possibly. The striker is most certainly the player we needed. Oumar Niasse is doing well but we've relied on one striker for two long (Lukaku). But we clearly needed strengthening all over the park, not least defence.

Unsworth has show that he's not capable of managing this squad of players - it's gotten noticeably worse since he's been boss, masked slightly by two very fortunate results based purely on opposition mistakes forced by Niasse.

Got to the point now that even if a new manager cones in and gets some performing then for me anyway there done at this club.

Williams, Schneiderlin, Mirallas being the main three.

Still unsure on Gueye as well, when you have a player who posts really impressive stats. Yet every single other centre mid we've played alongside him has seen there own game nosedive, read a piece on him late last season where it showed just how often he is caught ahead of the ball by chasing after it and leaving massive gaps that mean the team can be carved open with ease.

Even today at times he was actually pressing there left back deep inside their half.

Actually think he's massively overrated based on the fact he runs loads, but those gaps he leaves for a supposed defensive midfielder are criminal.

Its because nobody else bothers to harrass the opponent, or move at all really.

Rooney does similar. Kind of like leading by example but nobody else is bothered.

Shocking that he continues to get picked tbh Joe, terrible mistake by Unsworth to have him in the starting 11

mate, we've given about 30 players a fair few chances this season, none of them are taking their chance. A handful have had 2 or 3 good games and they seem to be in the "how are they not playing?" bracket, but no doubt they'd be given a few more games and be crap as well. Every single game we can ask the question about all 10 outfield players as to why they are playing.

mate, we've given about 30 players a fair few chances this season, none of them are taking their chance. A handful have had 2 or 3 good games and they seem to be in the "how are they not playing?" bracket, but no doubt they'd be given a few more games and be crap as well. Every single game we can ask the question about all 10 outfield players as to why they are playing.

I think Morgan is on his 16th straight game of "why is he getting picked" lol

It's a myth Gylfi isn't good from open play though.

Ideally - and I think this is what Koeman wants - we'll have both of them.

13 assists say otherwise (Ross 9)

9 goals ross 5

MOTM 4 times last season, Ross once

He must be doing something right.

Sigurdsson's set pieces and delivery are worth the fee and wages. He's not a bad footballer as well.

We shouldn't be too cautious in overpaying for players, every club above is do it every window and you can name a few examples in every team. Some pay off, some don't.

In regards to Sigurdsson, people will have their reservations. He adds to the growing list of key players we have take from lesser teams in the league. Whilst this should be coupled with more illustrious transfers, I have no problems with this approach. Take the best players from the bottom 13 teams you'd have a team capable of challenging for top 4. Add those signings with young prospects and more exciting buys, you have a good transfer approach.

Just sign Gylfi, hes my no 1 target.

Nothing like Everton signing players you actually want.

Just leave these here from all those who went nuts when I suggested Ross was a better player than Sig.

Its because nobody else bothers to harrass the opponent, or move at all really.

Rooney does similar. Kind of like leading by example but nobody else is bothered.

problem is then mate - it actually then causes more problems than your solving by miles, because you just leave massive gaps and the press from 1 or 2 players is pointless.

I actually don't think he's doing it to team instructions anyway, he finds himself WAY out of position far too often, great athlete like and has lots of good attributes, but holding mid he certainly isn't

Just leave these here from all those who went nuts when I suggested Ross was a better player than Sig.

Mate why are you quoting my post? it's likely I would have disagreed with you and to be frank still do. But seems the post you quote above wasn't in any way a response to any post by you or anything to do with Ross Barkley which is odd, what are you at here?

Why are you spending time misrepresenting people opinions and posts? You just spent time going backward to tell lies to show you are right in an internet forum. A) Weird, B) I feel pity, C) don't use my posts.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back