Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone who apparently pities me you seem to go to huge odds to run me down, almost like you are a wee bit rattled.

Just admit you are wrong. Sig wasnt what we needed and hasn’t played well at all.

This is the second thread you’ve gone off on impassioned rants against me, if you can’t take a bit off mickey taking without kicking off perhaps the internet isn’t for you.

I can see why you don’t like me underlining what you did here mate. It’s self evident and the motivation behind it does underline a general fragility and insecurity. That’s your stuff.

I’m not going to get into a dialogue with you about football or a player because frankly I don’t have any respect for you or your opinion. I rate Sigurrdson highly and I have posted about wanting him since he was at Reading consistently.

Have I, i honestly don’t ever remember speaking to you on here, I guess those discussions have had a deeper impact on you then me. You think what you are posting is funny. Haha seems we have different definitions of humor, thankfully.lol

I can see why you don’t like me underlining what you did here mate. It’s self evident and the motivation behind it does underline a general fragility and insecurity. That’s your stuff.

I’m not going to get into a dialogue with you about football or a player because frankly I don’t have any respect for you or your opinion. I rate Sigurrdson highly and I have posted about wanting him since he was at Reading consistently.

Have I, i honestly don’t ever remember speaking to you on here, I guess those discussions have had a deeper impact on you then me. You think what you are posting is funny. Haha seems we have different definitions of humor, thankfully.lol

So you don’t want want to talk about Sigurdsson in the Sigurdsson thread? But keep replying to me?

You actually come across as quite unhinged here, never seem such lengthy venom in a mixture of lies, pathetic attempts at some kind of armchair psychology and petty insults.

Anything rather than just go “yeah I got that wrong”. I’m guessing you are single but if you aren’t your partner has my sympathy as you probably batter them every time you fall out.

So you don’t want want to talk about Sigurdsson in the Sigurdsson thread? But keep replying to me?

You actually come across as quite unhinged here, never seem such lengthy venom in a mixture of lies, pathetic attempts at some kind of armchair psychology and petty insults.

Anything rather than just go “yeah I got that wrong”. I’m guessing you are single but if you aren’t your partner has my sympathy as you probably batter them every time you fall out.

Haha mate are you tired of playing the big man now. I can see why you would like me to leave after calling you out for what you did so you can put a lid on it, you’ve had a bit of a mare. As it goes I am actually qualified in psychology and practice.

Haha, yeah, I show you up for a misrepresenting liar who tried to self parse by spoofing and called you out on it. That clearly makes me unhinged I clearly was hoping you would quote me, you are brilliant mate.

Can I just say you are quick to jump to the thought of domestic viloence that is quite worrying. It’s certainly an issue I wouldn’t trivialize on an Internet forum. I apologies to anyone who was offended by that reference. Again you are showing your own stuff here and saying a lot about yourself.

Last edited:
Come on lads at least he scored a beauty today from nothing - Evertonians back biting will. Not solve our clubs problems we all feel deflated and angry, but let's stick together hey;)

Yeah your probably right mate.

On The Gylfmeister General, a goal and assist in his last two, you have the sense he is going to be pivotal.

We need players around him, to often he’s left alone and isolated and is coming deep. The transition from defense through central midfield has been woeful. Today’s hoofs were just crimes against football.

Out of all our under performing players I think he's the most likely to turn it around. For the most part he's suffering in a similar way to Barkley did at times, with the likes of Lewin around him it's hardly any wonder he's struggling to have an impact upon the game.

Also, people need to forget about this obsession about where he plays. This lad will be a brilliant outside left/right in the right system.

Haha mate are you tired of playing the big man now. I can see why you would like me to leave after calling you out for what you did so you can put a lid on it, you’ve had a bit of a mare. As it goes I am actually qualified in psychology and practice.

Haha, yeah, I show you up for a misrepresenting liar who tried to self parse by spoofing and called you out on it. That clearly makes me unhinged I clearly was hoping you would quote me, you are brilliant mate.

Can I just say you are quick to jump to the thought of domestic viloence that is quite worrying. It’s certainly an issue I wouldn’t trivialize on an Internet forum. I apologies to anyone who was offended by that reference. Again you are showing your own stuff here and saying a lot about yourself.

Lol, you’ve recycled the same desperate, try to hard stuff for your last 3 or 4 dull posts.

This is the Sigurdsson thread, please stay on topic. I know you got it badly wrong but no one is interested in your tedious whining and failed attempts to point score.

Out of all our under performing players I think he's the most likely to turn it around. For the most part he's suffering in a similar way to Barkley did at times, with the likes of Lewin around him it's hardly any wonder he's struggling to have an impact upon the game.

Also, people need to forget about this obsession about where he plays. This lad will be a brilliant outside left/right in the right system.

I think part of our problem mate is the transition between defense and central midfield, we just hoofed it today.

He is isolated up there, no cutting edge in a striker and no penetration from the flanks, we badly miss Coleman and Barnes of three years ago.

We are just toothless.

That said I wa amazed Sandro and Rooney stayed on the bench as it was clear Southampton out grocked us today and guile and pace was needed as we were clearly not going to out muscle them.

Lol, you’ve recycled the same desperate, try to hard stuff for your last 3 or 4 dull posts.

This is the Sigurdsson thread, please stay on topic. I know you got it badly wrong but no one is interested in your tedious whining and failed attempts to point score.

Look mate, in life there has to be losers, I’ll let you live what ever it is do, in peace. But hopefully you’ve learned something.

Best of luck to you with that, no hard feelings. Let’s not spam up the forum. ;)

I think part of our problem mate is the transition between defense and central midfield, we just hoofed it today.

He is isolated up there, no cutting edge in a striker and no penetration from the flanks, we badly miss Coleman and Barnes of three years ago.

We are just toothless.

That said I wa amazed Sandro and Rooney stayed on the bench as it was clear Southampton out grocked us today and guile and pace was needed as we were clearly not going to out muscle them.

That's it. We've basically lost two players from our attack due to Baines decline and Coleman's injury. Then you've got our two central midfielders who don't get over half way either.

As an attacking unit we pretty much have that front four who must be so easy to mark because they're always outnumbered.

Look mate, in life there has to be losers, I’ll let you live what ever it is do, in peace. But hopefully you’ve learned something.

Best of luck to you with that, no hard feelings. Let’s not spam up the forum. ;)

I’ve learned you were wrong about Sigurdsson and don’t like having these things pointed out to you lol
But yes let’s move on

That's it. We've basically lost two players from our attack due to Baines decline and Coleman's injury. Then you've got our two central midfielders who don't get over half way either.

As an attacking unit we pretty much have that front four who must be so easy to mark because they're always outnumbered.

I think that’s fundamentally what happened today mate. The defense got so exaserperated with the central midfield, that the started hitting hopeless hoofs, we lack any penetration at full back, that doesn’t allow the wingers to come inside and we can’t get the ball to the front four, who admittedly bar Sigurrdson are limited anyway.

We just don’t have penetration or threat.

I think that’s fundamentally what happened today mate. The defense got so exaserperated with the central midfield, that the started hitting hopeless hoofs, we lack any penetration at full back, that doesn’t allow the wingers to come inside and we can’t get the ball to the front four, who admittedly bar Sigurrdson are limited anyway.

We just don’t have penetration or threat.

We truly are an opposition's dream. As a player for Southampton today you must have looked at your opposite number and really fancied your chances of winning that individual battle.

We've got players like Lennon in there who are as honest as the day is long but he's never going to threaten a full back.

We truly are an opposition's dream. As a player for Southampton today you must have looked at your opposite number and really fancied your chances of winning that individual battle.

We've got players like Lennon in there who are as honest as the day is long but he's never going to threaten a full back.

It’s absolutly unfathomable how we spent so much money to be this abysmal.

To be honest I think Unsworth approach has been maximum effort and back to basics, it’s had its umph but has now withered.

We clearly have quality that a better approach and game plan has to unlock.

We’ve stayed up, with players of far less quality then we have in the team presently.

But they are just drained of quality and racked with fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back