Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just leave these here from all those who went nuts when I suggested Ross was a better player than Sig.

To be fair they are totally different players. They may play in roughly the same position but one is all about dynamism and running at defences, the other is about nous.

I wonder if both of them could gel....

Unsworth has show that he's not capable of managing this squad of players - it's gotten noticeably worse since he's been boss, masked slightly by two very fortunate results based purely on opposition mistakes forced by Niasse.

Got to the point now that even if a new manager cones in and gets some performing then for me anyway there done at this club.

Williams, Schneiderlin, Mirallas being the main three.

Still unsure on Gueye as well, when you have a player who posts really impressive stats. Yet every single other centre mid we've played alongside him has seen there own game nosedive, read a piece on him late last season where it showed just how often he is caught ahead of the ball by chasing after it and leaving massive gaps that mean the team can be carved open with ease.

Even today at times he was actually pressing there left back deep inside their half.

Actually think he's massively overrated based on the fact he runs loads, but those gaps he leaves for a supposed defensive midfielder are criminal.

I think Gueye has suffered massively from Schneidrlin coming in. Initially we tried to move him further forward, he seemed to lose confidence and his rhythm and is yet to find it again.

I maintain, sitting from from a solid back 4 and breaking up is basically his game. He's a bit like Carsley in that regard. I'm probably going back on what I'm saying now, but I would start him with Beni currently, as they seem the best 2 at breaking up opponents play.

Mate why are you quoting my post? it's likely I would have disagreed with you and to be frank still do. But seems the post you quote above wasn't in any way a response to any post by you or anything to do with Ross Barkley which is odd, what are you at here?

Why are you spending time misrepresenting people opinions and posts? You just spent time going backward to tell lies to show you are right in an internet forum. A) Weird, B) I feel pity, C) don't use my posts.

You were jizzing yoirself at the thought of him coming here despite him not clearly being what we needed - and why so narky? Still upset about the whole World Cup thing?

You were jizzing yoirself at the thought of him coming here despite him not clearly being what we needed - and why so narky? Still upset about the whole World Cup thing?

I highly rate him. That's not my point, my point is why are you quoting my post, when my post had nothing to do with you or Ross Barkley? Do you have fragile self confidence or what's the deal?

The world cup, I have no idea what your talking about now.

This is a bit sad If i am being frank mate. I hope you make loads of internet friends!lol You have my pity. Leave me out of the weird stuff. ;)

I highly rate him. That's not my point, my point is why are you quoting my post, when my post had nothing to do with you or Ross Barkley? Do you have fragile self confidence or what's the deal?

The world cup, I have no idea what your talking about now.

This is a bit sad If i am being frank mate. I hope you make loads of internet friends!lol You have my pity. Leave me out of the weird stuff. ;)

How’s it weird? Read back a bit from when I quoted you it should make sense even to you.

My self confidence is fine but thanks for caring x

I think Gueye has suffered massively from Schneidrlin coming in. Initially we tried to move him further forward, he seemed to lose confidence and his rhythm and is yet to find it again.

I maintain, sitting from from a solid back 4 and breaking up is basically his game. He's a bit like Carsley in that regard. I'm probably going back on what I'm saying now, but I would start him with Beni currently, as they seem the best 2 at breaking up opponents play.

I can't help but think that Gana needs to play on his own in that position. MS seems to get in his way, doesn't allow him the freedom to make his own decisions and consider only himself, not have to consider a second CDM. His best performances have come while in a 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-3-2.

he has zero positional discipline, he can't play that role, and he can't really string movement together further forward, he's extremely limited, good at pressing high, and his pressing has resulted in a few chances thi season, but that's all he is good at, our best play came last season when he went away to the afcon

How’s it weird? Read back a bit from when I quoted you it should make sense even to you.

My self confidence is fine but thanks for caring x

There is no post quoted or any discussion with you, nor is there a mention of Ross Barkley. Basically I said Sigurrdson is a good player.

What makes you a massive bulb and a weirdo, is that you trawled through posts from May and misrepresented them to say you were right, your misreprenting peoples posts and portraying yourself as big man as if you have been fighting some major cause against Sigurrdson and for Barkley, when really you weren’t in a dialoughe with anyone. You lack self confidence because of that mate, it’s pretty pitiful and you have proved a poster of poor integrity.

Listen I’m not going to pick on you, I suspect that won’t help you, just don’t misrepresent me or tell lies to try and big your self up on an Internet forum, it’s pitiful.

Last edited:
Scored a whopper today but apart from that was awful again
So flat footed and offers nothing in open play[/QUOTE]

I've said this umpteen times,its like he's wearing flippers, so slow to react to what's going on even within 2 yards of him. As far as stats showing how much ground he covers, what's the point when you arrive 5 minutes too late.

There is no post quoted or any discussion with you, nor is there a mention of Ross Barkley. Basically I said Sigurrdson is a good player.

What makes you a massive bulb and a weirdo, is that you trawled through posts from May and misrepresented them to say you were right, your misreprenting peoples posts and portraying yourself as big man as if you have been fighting some major cause against Sigurrdson and for Barkley, when really you weren’t in a dialoughe with anyone. You lack self confidence because of that mate, it’s pretty pitiful and you have proved a poster of poor integrity.

Listen I’m not going to pick on you, I suspect that won’t help you, just don’t misrepresent me or tell lies to try and big your self up on an Internet forum, it’s pitiful.

Throw in person insults I’d it helps with being wrong, my self confidence can take it.

You accuse me of lying yet you do the same, i posted consistently that we shouldn’t be signing Sig, you said he should be our number one target not that he’s a good player.
I quoted several people, I could have done more, yet you are the only one who prefers to bitch and moan rather than admit you are wrong.

So if being shown up as getting something wrong provokes this reaction from you rather than shrugging it off perhaps you have the issues.

Vaulting is part of GOT, always has been always will be. Stop being such a bitchy cryarse and take it in the spirit it’s intended.

Throw in person insults I’d it helps with being wrong, my self confidence can take it.

You accuse me of lying yet you do the same, i posted consistently that we shouldn’t be signing Sig, you said he should be our number one target not that he’s a good player.
I quoted several people, I could have done more, yet you are the only one who prefers to bitch and moan rather than admit you are wrong.

So if being shown up as getting something wrong provokes this reaction from you rather than shrugging it off perhaps you have the issues.

Vaulting is part of GOT, always has been always will be. Stop being such a bitchy cryarse and take it in the spirit it’s intended.

They are not insults it’s my analysis of what you did and the meaning behind it. I actually do feel sorry for you.

My post had nothing to do with you, it didn’t quote you, i didn’t disagree with you, I wasn’t in a dialogue with you, I didn’t mention Ross Barkley.

What you did wasn’t vaulting and yes there is a humor to it when done properly that anyone should take in the chin, what you did was take a load of posts, present them as if you were in a disagreement and dialogue with people around them and posted them with a narrative of these people were wrong and I was right at the time, self praising and trying to be the big man. You weren’t even speaking to the people who you quoted in the posts above and nor did Ross Barkley come into it. You self praised and misrepresented people to do it.

You are pitiful, but hopefully your esteem improves in time. I’m rooting for you.;)

Oh and Sigurdsson is still boss.

Last edited:
They are not insults it’s my analysis of what you did and the meaning behind it. I actually do feel sorry for you.

My post had nothing to do with you, it didn’t quote you, i didn’t disagree with you, I wasn’t in a dialogue with you, I didn’t mention Ross Barkley.

What you did wasn’t vaulting and yes there is a humor to it when done properly that anyone should take in the chin, what you did was take a load of posts, present them as if you were in a disagreement and dialogue with people around them and posted them with a narrative of these people were wrong and I was right at the time. You weren’t even speaking to the people who posted or nor did Ross Barkley come into it. You self praised and misrepresented people to do it.

You are pitiful, but hopefully your esteem improves in time. I’m rooting for you.;)

Oh and Sigurdsson is still boss.

For someone who apparently pities me you seem to go to huge odds to run me down, almost like you are a wee bit rattled.

Just admit you are wrong. Sig wasnt what we needed and hasn’t played well at all.

This is the second thread you’ve gone off on impassioned rants against me, if you can’t take a bit off mickey taking without kicking off perhaps the internet isn’t for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back