Horse Racing

Glad the XC is going to be a handicap. Wondering where Ballyburn will go with the Turners now off the card.

…Ballyburn was a tough one to call anyway but lots of speculation now. Novice Chase options are Arkle (2m) and BANC (3m).

Mullins has made it clear he thinks he’s a future Gold Cup horse but folk on my racing forum have generally been of a view Mullins will keep him at 2m for his novice chasing season. So, it’s Arkle for most but I don’t have him covered for that in my book. I was full-on Turners or BANC.

There is another interesting option; Champion Hurdle. Mullins wants a legacy and there’s nothing better than being the 2nd to train the same horse to win the CH and GC. Mullins specifically mentioned this re Ballyburn last season, so I have him covered for a decent sum for that race. Mullins will know how Ballyburn compares to State Man and Lossiemouth, if he thinks he’s better stranger things have happened.

So, I have no idea :lol: Hopefully BANC or CH but most likely Arkle is my thinking at the moment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back