Votes: 398 56.1%
  • Not all that

Votes: 51 7.2%
  • Queso en pan tostado

Votes: 36 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunning. Two possible explanations for the discrepancy between perception and reality:

1 - He only seemed average in comparison to what was ultimately uncommonly good play a season before.
2 - The rest of the right backs in the Premier League were terrible last season.

A mixture of the two I think. He'd been so good for the two years previous that we had higher standards for him than most right backs and there isn't many greta attacking full backs in the league right now.

A mixture of the two I think. He'd been so good for the two years previous that we had higher standards for him than most right backs and there isn't many greta attacking full backs in the league right now.

I agree 100 percent. There had to have been some sort of regression to the mean in his own performance, but I also recall a Moyes feature a couple years back where he seemed to intimate there was a lack of quality young RBs coming through the league.

That second point in particular actually raises some interesting questions if a team were to come in with a big bid for Coleman (this is all hypothetical).

1 - Coleman's value (on the transfer market) is inarguably inflated given the dearth of other options (if you accept that premise as true).
2 - Has there been an uptick in quality among right back prospects in England and across Europe?
3 - If the answer to No.2 is "yes", at what point (value) is turning down a big bid for Coleman economically irresponsible?

Being a Premier League Manager/Director of Football must be hard.

£15 million is a great price for him to be honest.

If Seamus Coleman is worth £60,000 grand than Seamus Coleman is only just worth £10,000,000.

Thats just the way the market is.

You have to consider loads of things when you have a bid for a player you ideally don't want to sell...

- What prices did similar players go for?
- Were said players older/younger? Had they already proven themselves as he has in the Premier League?
- What's his contract situation like? A quick Google search tells me he's contracted until the summer of 2019.
- If we sold him, how much would we need to pay to get somebody of his quality in? Could we even attract somebody as good as him?
- Once a bid has been made and he is aware of it, what's his mindset? Has he indicated he'd like to move? Would 'forcing' him to stay be beneficial to the club and would he be able to forget about it and carry on?
- Who would be the buying club? If we're looking at the 'megarich' Uniteds, Citys, Real Madrids of the world you can add an extra few million on top of his price.
- Do we want to sell? If not then it's above 'market' value of the above criteria.

25m would do it for me. Buys us a solid right back and can get a top striker in. Sorted. Be a shame to see him go like.

£15 million is a great price for him to be honest.

If Seamus Coleman is worth £60,000 grand than Seamus Coleman is only just worth £10,000,000.

Thats just the way the market is.

Nonsense, it is about what value our club place on him not what Man U think. They can go and do one.

For a class RB, international we should be looking at £) mill, how much did they pay for Shaw?

It was only a matter of time before this re-surfaced. The tabloids have been trying to unsettle him and sell him to United for about 3 years now.

The talk of a joint bid for him and Stones is even more insulting than the one for Baines and Fellaini 2 years ago.

Stand firm and keep the defence together, otherwise it would be inviting trouble.

Don't know why people keep dismissing the Echo with stories like that. They way they're written it's blindingly obvious they've been briefed by the club so it's as good as from the horse's mouth. Comfortable reading that knowing that we're not selling Coleman.

Definately something in this one.

Just comes down to whether
1: Seamus fancys moving on
2: If Utd will pay what transfer fee we'd want.

If the answer to both those is yes, then unfortunately it will be bye bye Coleman.

I'd get in the phone to wenger to loan Jenkinson.

Definately something in this one.

Just comes down to whether
1: Seamus fancys moving on
2: If Utd will pay what transfer fee we'd want.

If the answer to both those is yes, then unfortunately it will be bye bye Coleman.

I'd get in the phone to wenger to loan Jenkinson.
It comes from the mirror, we can sleep well at night

It comes from the mirror, we can sleep well at night

Its the fact it's on sky sports news stated as "according to sky scources"

Now of course that doesn't mean it's nailed on but does give it a lot of credibility. Once they state Sky scources, there's most deffinately truth in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back