How do we ‘fix’ the relationship between fans and the club?

The fact that 'we' are discussing how 'we' fix the relationship is a major part of the problem
Fans are taken for granted. Seats are filled, merch is bought, season tickets have waiting lists
Regular businesses would be the ones asking how they should fix the relationship
When did they, the players, last apologize for their performances or reimburse the travelling fans.

The fact that 'we' are discussing how 'we' fix the relationship is a major part of the problem
Fans are taken for granted. Seats are filled, merch is bought, season tickets have waiting lists
Regular businesses would be the ones asking how they should fix the relationship
This.
Also, Lampard (tho not a very good manager) really harnessed the power of the fans. Especially after the Benitez mess.
I really wanted it to work out for him, so did the majority of the fans. Could be part of the reason he stayed a few months too long.
For me it's a huge shame that Dyche took that bond and pretty much threw it out the window. I get it, it's not his style but if you treat the fans the way Lampard did then switch to Dyches style all while in the last season at Goodison, you can expect frustrations to boil over.
Even average mid table results while playing dire football would cause massive tension.

He bought himself a lot of time beating the RS at home but how long can/should that last?

This.
Also, Lampard (tho not a very good manager) really harnessed the power of the fans. Especially after the Benitez mess.
I really wanted it to work out for him, so did the majority of the fans. Could be part of the reason he stayed a few months too long.
For me it's a huge shame that Dyche took that bond and pretty much threw it out the window. I get it, it's not his style but if you treat the fans the way Lampard did then switch to Dyches style all while in the last season at Goodison, you can expect frustrations to boil over.
Even average mid table results while playing dire football would cause massive tension.

He bought himself a lot of time beating the RS at home but how long can/should that last?
Agreed
Lampard definitely resonated with the fans and it is a pity he wasn't up to it otherwise.
Dyche is a massive ego. It's only really dawning on me now and his first mention of the last season at Goodison is to gaslight the media that fans are expecting Europe when I've not heard that anywhere. He used it to deflect from his shocking start instead of trying to harness it.
All he had to say was, 'Fans expect better and we want to make the final year at Goodison a good one.'

Beating the RS was great but they had a terrible end to the season themselves by their standards so I don't think it should buy him anymore time or praise than it has already.
Personally I'd have him out now if we had a progressive manager to replace him and the structure to make it happen but we won't.

It's depressing as hell that the last year at Goodison will be Dycheball under a manager that won't harness its effects, preferring to talk down to fans instead.
I think he's a dead man walking tbh. We need Textor to get his skates on and begin the culling.
The freshness alone will harness the Goodison vibe.
I want him gone now

Agreed
Lampard definitely resonated with the fans and it is a pity he wasn't up to it otherwise.
Dyche is a massive ego. It's only really dawning on me now and his first mention of the last season at Goodison is to gaslight the media that fans are expecting Europe when I've not heard that anywhere. He used it to deflect from his shocking start instead of trying to harness it.
All he had to say was, 'Fans expect better and we want to make the final year at Goodison a good one.'

Beating the RS was great but they had a terrible end to the season themselves by their standards so I don't think it should buy him anymore time or praise than it has already.
Personally I'd have him out now if we had a progressive manager to replace him and the structure to make it happen but we won't.

It's depressing as hell that the last year at Goodison will be Dycheball under a manager that won't harness its effects, preferring to talk down to fans instead.
I think he's a dead man walking tbh. We need Textor to get his skates on and begin the culling.
The freshness alone will harness the Goodison vibe.
I want him gone now
Also, not that I ever expected Europe but he seemed to be suggesting it was unrealistic to expect any bump from this being Goodisons' last season.
Of course there should be a bump. The fans clearly pulled out all the stops at the start of the Brighton game.
The team haven't turned up and the manager has started taking pot shots at the fans.
Frankly, I'm totally frustrated by the patience shown towards him by a large chunk of fans.
This is it, less than a season at the old lady and we're going to settle for this muck.
Getting angry now! that's probably not going to fix the relationship between this fan and the club :)

Well put. Couldn't agree more.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back