How do we ‘fix’ the relationship between fans and the club?

As for the away fans. I have more sympathy but waiting at the train station to have pop is also not on. Have your say at the ground. After that it doesn't make the players do any better, most likely disinterests them and makes them want to move like Gordon and Barkley

Can't believe people moaning that Dyche doesn't blow smoke up our fans arses, that's something usually craved from our cult like dear neighbours. Do we need praise like a set of performing monkeys? He is just a proffesional trying to do a job.
He does not love the club or have any ties and that's how his attitude comes across.
No he doesn’t need to give the fans praise.

He needs to look at how his own comments have inflamed things though. He can’t have it both ways.

As for the away fans. I have more sympathy but waiting at the train station to have pop is also not on. Have your say at the ground. After that it doesn't make the players do any better, most likely disinterests them and makes them want to move like Gordon and Barkley
Not stretch to suggest they were waiting for their departure. Still most ignored the abuse and some players even tapping the same fans hands. Some sensitive types need untangle their pants.

what do ‘we’ have to fix though? The club is a mess on and off the pitch and that’s down to 1 man.. ‘Sir farhad’ as some 🔔end’s refer to him on here and it’s solely his job to to fix things between the club and fans… but you never hear from fella do you, club is in complete turmoil while the utter coward just hides away, loving life with his milllions, whilst his empire just burns the ground.

The toxicity clears as soon as that man goes! Oh and farhad, when you clear off - take dinosaur sean douche with you!

It’s not just two games though mate, it’s been building for years, so I can forgive the despondency around our fans.

we do need to properly assess where we are after 10 games though.
Yeah and I also think the most optimistic part of the season traditionally has been going into the start of the season, the first game bit we didn’t even get that this year based on pre season results and his team selection for the first game. The manager and the players (as poor as both of them are) are under performing even from the low levels of expectation we have as supporters. Doesn’t justify that awful anti social behaviour, mind.

Not stretch to suggest they were waiting for their departure. Still most ignored the abuse and some players even tapping the same fans hands. Some sensitive types need untangle their pants.
Problem is for all the positive fans, the idiot shouting abuse will be the one the players will be talking about. Can just see Maupay going on and on about that laughing his head off.

And the highest praise he can usually give is "I've never had a problem with the fans."
Yeah Dyche is just sterile when it com3s to his relationship with the fans. I remember an interview he did once when he said regardless how long he has stayed at a club he never developed an emotional affinity with them. His time comes to an end and he moves on. For all Benitez was crap, he at least did (not with us but with RS and Barcodes)

Two parts really.

Dyche and the club.

Dyche is a but more simple - Score some goals win some games. Not expecting to be match Man city's season. However if we can have 1 season without relegation watch and all the 'best stadium in the championship hur hur hur' shouts that would make supporting Everton just a tad less miserable.

Clubs got some work to do. But who is the club? It's ultimately headed by an owner who's given up and has been trying to sell for what seems like an age now. Incompetent from beginning to end.

You fix the relationship by selling the club to someone who has the means and ambition to have a vision/plan for the club that matches that of the fans. Everything else is window dressing at this point. I don't think we've had much in my life time tbf. Even when we were pushing for top 4 in moyes era it was very much 'delighted with 7th' mentality. Now it's 'delighted with 17th'.

Think the new stadium will be a good opportunity for a new owner to put a line in the sand and set up out a direction upwards.

Fans, not just toffees, live off of 2 things; winning and hope...and we ain't winning that's for damn sure.

They’re absolute scumbags. Who the hell would wanna sign for us after seeing that?
It really worries me that there are quite a few fans who will at best ignore or downplay actions like this, whereas others even attempt to justify it.

We've had a bottle throw at Digne (yes, an ex-player), Gordon and Mina chased, and now this; I've probably forgotten a few more incidents, as well.

Yes, the club aren't blameless nor have Dyche's recent comments and the team's performances helped, but it cannot justify this kind of behaviour.

As you say, who'll want to play for us? Do they think the squad are going to be inspired by it? We can be frustrated and whatnot, yet we've crossed the line - again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back