How do we ‘fix’ the relationship between fans and the club?

Also, not that I ever expected Europe but he seemed to be suggesting it was unrealistic to expect any bump from this being Goodisons' last season.
Of course there should be a bump. The fans clearly pulled out all the stops at the start of the Brighton game.
The team haven't turned up and the manager has started taking pot shots at the fans.
Frankly, I'm totally frustrated by the patience shown towards him by a large chunk of fans.
This is it, less than a season at the old lady and we're going to settle for this muck.
Getting angry now! that's probably not going to fix the relationship between this fan and the club :)
Haha same, I'm getting angrier the more I think about it.
It's the fans' realism is the only he and his awful football were accepted in the first place.

His feet are too far under the table now the arrogant egg

Maybe if the manager stopped referencing it, that would be a start. He’s definitely said more things that winds the fans up than any other for a while. I don’t know one fan that expected Europe this season and he went out and said the fans did.
It was a really weird thing to say.
After the whole headlock fiasco, fans have a very short fuse when it comes to being misrepresented. And so we should.

Think he should have read the true frustrations of supporters being held back at the platform for over an hour whilst waiting on the Everton coach to arrive. They were going home ffs not transporting

Said it a few times myself mate. He’s all about him self.

Same as his co host, maybe had good intention at first but they now have to be like that goldbridge to get that interaction money.

I don't think meaningless slogans like "positivity is power" help, personally

Fans have every right to say it as they see it and to criticise, where needed.

We don't want to be back in the position we all were in where the Kenwright regime rejected anyone opening their mouths criticising then engaging in dirty tricks like "headlock gate"

The way I see it, people at the club need to pull their fingers out and deliver results. Not excuses

The same goes for Farhad Moshiri and his 777 debacle and all the rest.

We don't want to be back in the position we all were in where the Kenwright regime rejected anyone opening their mouths criticising then engaging in dirty tricks like "headlock gate"

The way I see it, people at the club need to pull their fingers out and deliver results. Not excuses

I agree.
I don't mind the FAB putting out that statement and positivity would help but we need to met half-way.
Fans are the ones paying. Players and Staff are the ones getting paid.
One thing Lampard said helped galvanise support was 'the support has to be earned on the pitch, you show it, the fans will back it'
Dyche seems to think fans should leave their opinions to the professionals

This is all dyches doing as soon as people see the line up it gets peoples backs up straight away then the performance on top and then when he does make subs the subs do more in 5 mins than the players that have been taken off i guarantee if he played the new guys from the start there wouldn’t be anywhere near the anger there is now

The stubbornness of dyche and then his comments are making many fans angry with the club I honestly believe he’s the problem

Sick to my stomach with these positively messages, every time we get let down, let's get :behind the team, to save us from relegation two years in a row, let's get behind the team, points deduction, let's get behind the team.

Here is a novel idea, why don't the team let us get behind them by winning a few games and doing it's job without asking for fans for help....

Sick to the teeth of them.

Community service for the knobs

Agree with the sentiment that the onus is on Dyche and the players to ‘earn’ the support of the fans, and that Dyche’s style in the last season of Goodison (aloof, no real emotional involvement) isn’t going to win hearts and minds. However, I would say that Goodison isn’t an easy place for our players at times.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back