Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...r-21s-european-championship-manchester-united
The Football Association’s discussions with Manchester United over Luke Shaw playing for the England Under-21s this summer have failed to change the club’s stance with Louis van Gaal adamant the left-back should rest in the close season.
While Southgate announces his squad on Wednesday morning – enough time for each side to reach an agreement – he is expected to name Shaw for the matches next month.

If he does and no compromise has been reached, Van Gaal will be not be happy. Last Friday the Dutchman made his view clear on the Shaw issue. “When he is not playing for United he cannot play for other teams. He needs that rest I think, because he has over-crossed his limits, and that’s why. He’s 19 years old, what do you expect? We have to protect him and I hope that the coach of the Under-21s is understanding for that reason.”

Manchester United fan who shoplifted from Tesco was caught because his name was printed on shirt
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/manchester-united-fan-who-shoplifted-5740233?

A bungling shoplifter was caught because he had his name printed on the back of his Manchester United replica T-shirt.
Paul Robert Benson stole items totalling £104.54 from a Tesco in Belfast.
Unfortunately for the hapless thief, his crime was caught on CCTV - and so was the "Benson 22" written on his back.
He fled the scene after realising he had been spotted shoplifting by store employees.
But when police watched the CCTV footage, Benson's identity was staring them straight in the face, reports the Lurgan Mail.
The crook was arrested and pleaded guilty to theft last Wednesday when he appeared at Craigavon Magistrates' Court.
District Judge, Mr Mervyn Bates, highlighted Benson's stupidity, saying he might as well have had a "neon sign" identifying himself.
He was given a 12 month probation order.

Amazing reliablity despite being played all over the place and having some seasons heavily disrupted by injury.

Blimey. You would have thought more would have done that at first, but then you do a double take, and realise that it is actually an incredible achievement, which the likes of Giggs, Lampard, nor Gerrard have done.

Wonder whose record he beat? One of those 3 I reckon.

Blimey. You would have thought more would have done that at first, but then you do a double take, and realise that it is actually an incredible achievement, which the likes of Giggs, Lampard, nor Gerrard have done.

Wonder whose record he beat? One of those 3 I reckon.
Just having 11 seasons that you play regularly is an achievement in itself, either because of injury or not fitting in with the managers style which has happened even to talents such as Terry.

Agree it would be interesting to find out who he displaced, Lampard would be my bet but it might be someone from the mists of time!

Just having 11 seasons that you play regularly is an achievement in itself, either because of injury or not fitting in with the managers style which has happened even to talents such as Terry.

Agree it would be interesting to find out who he displaced, Lampard would be my bet but it might be someone from the mists of time!

Lampard would be my guess as well. Giggs had a nasty/niggley injury for a few seasons I recall, and being a winger wouldnt help. Gerrard wouldnt surprise me, but if he did hold the record, I am pretty sure it would have been mentioned these last few weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back