Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely at £7.2 million in the current market which is appreciating all the time.

we can buy him & either he becomes first choice or we'll sell at a small profit after 12 months/18 months.

This scenario has been forecast by esk.

I'd suggest looking for a few more of these types with below market buyout clauses to fill the squad for a season or 2 then move on a profit & then introduce a youngster in there place.

He won't be on extortionate wages either

I don't think anyone has a problem with us getting him, but hopefully it's alongside a statement signing, that's all.

Every club needs to bring in squad players. Gueye makes complete sense in that we had a midfield with absolutely no engine last year because McCarthy was Mr. Invisible, and with Barry another year older and Besic unproven we look very thin on the ground.

It's a signing that makes perfect sense in the grand scheme of things, and as you say it's risk free in many respects. Very much a Walsh signing going by what we know of him.

But... just don't be the only signing we bring in until mid-August. That would be painful in terms of our perceived ambition.

What would anybody of said last season if we had signed Kante, no one had heard of him. the 2 of them were the top d/midfielders in France 2 seasons ago. In Koeman i trust..

Bold bit would be my impression too, but with the caveat that I think he could look OK in a better overall team.

"OK" being the key word. I'm not against him signing, as £7m is the new £2m really. But make it next week after we get the real signings in.
Who's he replacing would be my question. Jimmy Mac as a sub?

Who's he replacing would be my question. Jimmy Mac as a sub?

I think he's replacing someone we've targeted and lost out on. I'd expect if we signed him to be bringing in another defensive midfielder as well in August when we've evaluated other targets after missing out on our first choice.

My instinct is this is the first impact of Walsh on our signings, after missing out on Carvalho. I'm sure it'd be an astute signing.

Actually thought villa done well picking the lad up last season, looked a good player at lille but after what i saw of him last season certainly not filling me with much hope, tho as you do with a new manager and season ahead you have to give the lad a chance and find what positives you can and when you think about it what new players to the league could of brought a spark to villa last season, confidence can only last so long stuck in mess like that last season, they collapsed quicker then wall street the other year, lambert, sherwood and finished off by that catastrophe of a manager remi garde who would of finished any team off, also an owner wanting nothing more then to escape the mess. sorry about the babble but trying to find a positive and that he does deseve a fresh start. tho even given all that where will he fit or more does he have to offer that havnt already got unless we start shipping few out, we need a leader in the middle that will take control our play! someone like strootman would fill the role perfectly if his previous injuries totally cleared up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back