Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh so he didn't leave for free; not so he wouldn't leave at all.

Nah, I think he signed a new contract because he's the only one who can spray the ball all over the park (when he's fit)

Also, before he signed the 2 year extension he came out and said he had other options on the table, but once we offered him the extension he was made up to be staying.

Last edited:

From a Villa forum

"Couldn't care less about him going, lazy player who always looks like a yellow card waiting to happen when things don't go his way on the pitch. Would genuinely rather see someone like Gary Gardner in his place playing for the shirt week in, week out. Hopefully the £7m can be put to some use immediately to strengthen other areas of the squad."

"Bang average, with no discernible feature other than apparently descent stats which frankly never transposed to meaningful or effective performances.

As already pointed out, may do better in a better side, but he is no Delph. No drive, thrust or shot.

I am concerned at relying on youngsters though, it will be a very inconsistent season with a midfield of kids, these are no Man Utd wonder kids."

"If I was a Everton gpfan I'd be abit pussed off. Reports of 100m to spend yet they want Gana for 7m. Won't get you in top 5 that's for sure evertonians. Average player at best."

They have a player called Gary Gardner?
He sounds like a character off a children's tv show.

Let's sign him too.

I think everyone forgets that Kante was signed by Walsh, and Gueye seems to have the same stastics. I don't really think it's coincidence and looks like a very astute signing.

Don't see the point in panicking about the situation either tbh... people should calm down. Walsh only came in recently and now the transfers will start coming. I expect ::
DC (replace Stones)
DM (competition for McCarthy)
AMR (replace McGeady)
ST (backup to Lukaku)

and wouldn't be suprised if we brought in an extra GK, depending how Robles goes. I also believe that the John Stones transfer is a short while away (I really don't believe in his hype and will hastily accept anything from 40 mil upwards), but Lukaku will stay.

That's just what we need. I wouldn't be surprised to see more.... but Rome wasn't built in a day! Need to be patient, as the board clearly have a long term future with the new stadium in progress too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back