Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked good to me at villa and i mentioned his stats a few times last season.

If hes understudy to Carvalho or someone to bring in to hold a lead then its a yes from me.

i don't even remember him, but then don't even remember watching villa tbh. If walsh found kante from absolutely nowhere and this guy seems a very like for like player, then it's worth trusting. Don't see the point if we have witsel and carvalho as well as barkley for those centre mid positions, but gueye would obviously be a backup. Just hope we sew up keeper and backup striker as well as they're more important than replacing our player of the season from last year, imo.

Low risk signing if the fee is correct, wouldn't be my personal preference mind but I trust Ron and Steve to get this right. Could be the spark that lights our transfer flame as it were

BTW those moaning that it lacks ambition by targeting him, I noticed Marseilles are linked as triggering the clause as well, they are perennial Champions/Europa League participants who once had Joey freakin' Barton on their books for a season, who was shunned by a then relegated QPR. Gueye, from the very little I've seen of him is a far better player than that carthorse who was on many Blue's wishlists at one time

Chances that we'd sign him and carvalho are very slim. I think it also makes it less likely that we'll sign witsel, think he and carvalho were either/or. Obviously all different players but they occupy similar areas and we have Barry, McCarthy and Besic already.

I just wouldn't buy a player from a relegated team unless they were a complete anomaly, this guy is your run of the mill bang average defender in a poor side

So far away from what we need it's unreal, hopefully just media rubbish like normal

I just wouldn't buy a player from a relegated team unless they were a complete anomaly, this guy is your run of the mill bang average defender in a poor side

So far away from what we need it's unreal, hopefully just media rubbish like normal

Meh...it's less than peanuts in the current market.

His age and my complete not remembering him like even in the slightest bit are my concern. If he was 20 then fine, but he's nearly 27.

A weird link.

Probably a done deal.

Bit of an underwhelming link, especially looking at the level of players we have been linked with thus far. On the other hand, it's quite clear he's someone from the Steve Walsh scouting list, so that gives me a bit of confidence about the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back