Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's replacing someone we've targeted and lost out on. I'd expect if we signed him to be bringing in another defensive midfielder as well in August when we've evaluated other targets after missing out on our first choice.

My instinct is this is the first impact of Walsh on our signings, after missing out on Carvalho. I'm sure it'd be an astute signing.

I dont, I think Steve Walsh has joined the club and put us onto him.

Risky move for the fella, could have gone for a tried and tested player but he clearly sees something in him.

Lets wait and see before we judge the player and Walsh.

You gotta trust in the scouting Tubes.

mori is our best defender and cost peanuts in comparison to the fee's being branded about this summer for centre half's i.e. stones 50 mil, koulibaly 50 mil, bailly 35 mil etc.

who knows maybe idrissa will be our best midfielder for peanuts as well

I dont, I think Steve Walsh has joined the club and put us onto him.

Risky move for the fella, could have gone for a tried and tested player but he clearly sees something in him.

Lets wait and see before we judge the player and Walsh.

You gotta trust in the scouting Tubes.

Certainly a Walsh signing, but I just think it's telling that it's a defensive midfielder. I think we've given up on the actual quality signings for that role and have went for a cheap punt via Walsh.

Which is fine if it pans out, and fine if it means a 'real' signing in a different position instead.

I think he's replacing someone we've targeted and lost out on. I'd expect if we signed him to be bringing in another defensive midfielder as well in August when we've evaluated other targets after missing out on our first choice.

My instinct is this is the first impact of Walsh on our signings, after missing out on Carvalho. I'm sure it'd be an astute signing.
I think you are probably correct although hopefully not.

It may mean any of McCarthy, Gibson, cleverley, & Barry are being let go & gueye will be backup for carvalho & witsel.

There are a number of permutations I'd certainly like to see Davies in & around the squad too

Reactions: dav

I think you are probably correct although hopefully not.

It may mean any of McCarthy, Gibson, cleverley, & Barry are being let go & gueye will be backup for carvalho & witsel.

There are a number of permutations I'd certainly like to see Davies in & around the squad too

Davies needs to fill out and get more experience in the reserves and on loan I think. One or two seasons away.

Certainly a Walsh signing, but I just think it's telling that it's a defensive midfielder. I think we've given up on the actual quality signings for that role and have went for a cheap punt via Walsh.

Which is fine if it pans out, and fine if it means a 'real' signing in a different position instead.

Well thats your view.

I think hes an extra.

Koeman bid for him last year, along with marseille. Doubt it's Walsh but our manager who fancies him.

Davies needs to fill out and get more experience in the reserves and on loan I think. One or two seasons away.
The loan needs to be carefully planned then as for me he Looks top drawer.

Agree ref filling out but for an 18 year old I actually think he is ahead physically

Bold bit would be my impression too, but with the caveat that I think he could look OK in a better overall team.

"OK" being the key word. I'm not against him signing, as £7m is the new £2m really. But make it next week after we get the real signings in.

He's not signed yet, but maybe, just maybe, this one's easier to get over the line than a more marquee signing and the people in charge don't have the same thought process as folk fuming on forums ... which is probably a good thing.

Hands up here mate, I know very little about him. I think he stood out in a crap team when we beat them at Villa Park but, if it was him I was thinking of, I didn't come away thinking he was the best thing since your first BJ. But in today's crazy market, it's a small amount of money and won't make much, if any difference to other players thoughts about coming here.

We can't spend our way to the top four in one window, realistically it's going to take two or three seasons and some shrewd maneouvuring in the markets to get us up there.

Anyway, before Carlos tells me to, I'm going to bed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back