Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wouldn't buy a player from a relegated team unless they were a complete anomaly, this guy is your run of the mill bang average defender in a poor side

So far away from what we need it's unreal, hopefully just media rubbish like normal

Except he isnt a defender....like Jags was when we signed him from a relegated team.

I just wouldn't buy a player from a relegated team unless they were a complete anomaly, this guy is your run of the mill bang average defender in a poor side

So far away from what we need it's unreal, hopefully just media rubbish like normal

Midfielder for starters, but last season, Villa getting relegated for a bad team effort not just down to him ! You put Messi in that team and they still go down, does that make him a bad player? If we have ID'd him then I am sure he is of sufficient quality to embellish our current squad. After all who'd heard of Kante last year ??

Except he isnt a defender....like Jags was when we signed him from a relegated team.

Was on a night shift, dont even remember putting defender, meant defensive mid, my bad ;)

If I remember correctly Sheffield Utd shouldn't have been relegated that season, West Ham shouldve gone down instead...so Jags is an anomaly

Meh...it's less than peanuts in the current market.

His age and my complete not remembering him like even in the slightest bit are my concern. If he was 20 then fine, but he's nearly 27.

A weird link.

Probably a done deal.

Cheap squad player I suppose, doesn't even slightly excite me

Weird enough to be true most definitely

Was on a night shift, dont even remember putting defender, meant defensive mid, my bad ;)

If I remember correctly Sheffield Utd shouldn't have been relegated that season, West Ham shouldve gone down instead...so Jags is an anomaly

Im trying to think who else weve signed recently other than by Martinez who turned out to be good.

Tim Cahill wasnt relegated but came from Millwall...andy johnson....baines from wigan before they went down of course.

Midfielder for starters, but last season, Villa getting relegated for a bad team effort not just down to him ! You put Messi in that team and they still go down, does that make him a bad player? If we have ID'd him then I am sure he is of sufficient quality to embellish our current squad. After all who'd heard of Kante last year ??

Whats wrong here in no one had heard of Kante to form a opinion, where as we have seen this Gueye play, and as mentioned he's nothing special.

Because he played for the bottom team and it was obviously all his fault.

A lof of Villa fan seem to think he's good at winning the ball but poor at recycling possession...Gives the ball away apparently.

This makes me a bit curious considering we already have three players just like that - good defensively but offering nothing else - in Besic, Barry and McCarthy. Do we really need 4 water carriers in the squad? Two should be enough.

A lof of Villa fan seem to think he's good at winning the ball but poor at recycling possession...Gives the ball away apparently.

This makes me a bit curious considering we already have three players just like that - good defensively but offering nothing else - in Besic, Barry and McCarthy. Do we really need 4 water carriers in the squad? Two should be enough.

Besic has far more ability than a water carrier. Barry is seemingly bit-part now. McCarthy might go.

This guy played more passes (forwards and in total) than Kante and with a higher completion % but none of their fans moaned about his distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back