Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines, Jagielka, Browning, Garbutt, Holgate, Galloway, Pennington, Grant, Dowell, Davies
I can see some of the kids going out on loan. Also I am not sure some qualify anyway as there is something about being registered for 3 years to qualify.

Looking at it more deeply it seems to be the other way round we are only allowed up to 17 non homegrown over 21 in the squad so looks like some will have to go but it won't be the homegrown ones. If this lad comes then I can see McCarthy or Besic going.

there's no reason why we can't have this guy, Carvalho and Witsel
If he comes, and it's looking like he will, then he'll be seen as another diamond in the rough signing by Steve Walsh.
In order to be polished into that diamond he'd have to be given game time and not just sit on the bench and as Carvalho is a similar player it's pretty unlikely he'll be bought too.

If he comes, and it's looking like he will, then he'll be seen as another diamond in the rough signing by Steve Walsh.
In order to be polished into that diamond he'd have to be given game time and not just sit on the bench and as Carvalho is a similar player it's pretty unlikely he'll be bought too.

We need solid back ups for injuries/cups and our inevitable CL charge next season.

They are not similar at all as players mate, it's like saying Ross is similar to Mata because they play the same position.

You do know Koeman varies formation frequently and as such may want certain players to give him options?

1,800+ passes with 85% success rate. What are these "can't pass" views based on? Proper confused me.

Also I think we'll be one of the last clubs to every worry about home grown quota.

Maybe referring to that fact he only plays it simple?

Not too much of a worry for defensive mid. Although would be nice to get Carvalho; who looks like he can break up play and has vision and passing ability.

They are not similar at all as players mate, it's like saying Ross is similar to Mata because they play the same position.

You do know Koeman varies formation frequently and as such may want certain players to give him options?
In an ideal world I'm sure he'd take both players but given the conservative approach we're taking to transfers it seems very unlikely there'll be further expenditure on the same position.

Can't say I know much about him, but if he comes in on Walshs recommendations then sound, it's why he's here.

Still hope we get Big Bad Willy Carvalho of Witsel though.

I haven't a clue about how our model
Will work,but having a mix of these type of players with proven quality could see us be absolutely brilliant and still make profits on players we wish to sell.

Nearly at the "exploding knees" stage of negotiations here. Yessss get in, I've missed that

image.webp

There were loads of articles last year which stated that Koeman wanted Gueye at Southampton so maybe its not just a Walsh signing. He probably lined him up as a Wanyama replacement but he didnt end up leaving. He does remind me a lot of Wanyama.

There were loads of articles last year which stated that Koeman wanted Gueye at Southampton so maybe its not just a Walsh signing. He probably lined him up as a Wanyama replacement but he didnt end up leaving. He does remind me a lot of Wanyama.

Exactly, he bid £10m for him before he went to villa. Clearly fancies him

Nowhere near as good as Wanyama I'm afraid !

Got a couple of mates who are Villa season ticket holders, & they reckon he's useless !!

If he joins, I hope we would add more players with better height/physical prescence in CM area. Hopefully Witsel <if he really join> and Carvalho. I do think our team lacks physical presence/height in certain area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back