Indian curries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to get pathia all the time, but then discovered lamb garlic chilli rezala. As well as big chunks of tender lamb, the sauce also has mince in it. Obviously, it's tasty because of the garlic and chilli, but it's really thick on account of the mince. Brilliant for sweeping up with a naan.
Sounds outstanding! I'll defo have to give that a try.

Loved it from the place we used to use, but it was a trek to go and pick it up. Now use a place that delivers but their pathia is totally different, which is what led to the switch to the rezala. No regrets on that score though - it's a thing of beauty;)
I used to get a Pathia from the Curry House in Birkdale but they are stupid expensive now.

I try the curries from the supermarkets, the fresh ones can be very good.

I used to get a Pathia from the Curry House in Birkdale but they are stupid expensive now.

I try the curries from the supermarkets, the fresh ones can be very good.
Probably get curry once a month as a Saturday night treat - I'm very good during the week nowadays! Have tried a few of the Sainsburys pre-made range though, and they're OK, but I always feel they fall a bit short of the restaurant stuff, and it's not significantly cheaper.

Probably get curry once a month as a Saturday night treat - I'm very good during the week nowadays! Have tried a few of the Sainsburys pre-made range though, and they're OK, but I always feel they fall a bit short of the restaurant stuff, and it's not significantly cheaper.
Iv tried them curry in a bag things too from Tesco. £6.50 for two people! Bargain, not too bad either.

Obviously doesn't beat going out, but my ex-favourite place got a food hygiene rating of 1 last year. Not been back since. Went there like once a month for 10 years too.. :(

Iv tried them curry in a bag things too from Tesco. £6.50 for two people! Bargain, not too bad either.

Obviously doesn't beat going out, but my ex-favourite place got a food hygiene rating of 1 last year. Not been back since. Went there like once a month for 10 years too.. :(
Uh oh! But it's true then - what doesn't kill you DOES make you stronger ;)

Their loss. For all those who live in or near South Liverpool then I'd certainly recommend the Saffron on Smithdown Road for a top curry.

Purely a takeaway so no sitting in unfortunately but lovely taste, portion size and reasonable price. Never had a bad curry from there!
If you're ever in the posh end of the City, ie, Crosby way, try the Arong on South Road.
Again just a take away but what a takeaway.

You could try a tandoori chicken tika (make sure off the bone) for a change, it's one of the sizzling dishes. It's not really curry as it doesn't come with sauce though.

My favourite at the moment is a chicken tika madras, yum yum! But some may class that in the hot category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back