Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck reidy la.

Cheers Mate.

Got an email before for 1 of the trainee conductor jobs saying that I'm through to the 2nd Stage (of about 6) and need to complete 2 online assessments, 1 on General Ability and 1 a min scaat test for concentration (scaat test is something that drivers do also known as dots test, where you have lines of dots and need to highlight certain patterns/amounts). 1st time I've got past the 1st stage (sift) in about a 20 railway applications.

Then I received a phone call which turned out to be a telephone interview for the paint robot job and have been invited to an interview next week.

AND I actually did a job today changing a lock !!

It's all go !!!

The email & phone calls though make you feel so positive in comparison to when you don't hear anything at all, in my opinion a law should be passed to compel companies to at the least give applicants a reply if unsuccessful as I reckon its more demoralising than a rejection.

Thinking Shirt & Tie will be enough for a shop floor interview ?

If I get a Railway Interview then I shall purchase a Suit for it as they are very judgemental on appearance for conductor positions.
Cheap enough from Next anyway.....
Deffo going for Blue in a slim fit, or is tailored fit better ?
842-495-X56s.jpg

Always black shoes for an interview in my opinion.

Blue Suit ?

If I knew I was gonna get a railway interview I'd get the suit before wednesday but doubt I need to be wearing 1 for a spray painter job really.

Thing with black shoes I reckon though is you can tell when they're brand new so would dig some arl kickers ones out for the wed intw.

Cheers Mate.

Got an email before for 1 of the trainee conductor jobs saying that I'm through to the 2nd Stage (of about 6) and need to complete 2 online assessments, 1 on General Ability and 1 a min scaat test for concentration (scaat test is something that drivers do also known as dots test, where you have lines of dots and need to highlight certain patterns/amounts). 1st time I've got past the 1st stage (sift) in about a 20 railway applications.

Then I received a phone call which turned out to be a telephone interview for the paint robot job and have been invited to an interview next week.

AND I actually did a job today changing a lock !!

It's all go !!!

The email & phone calls though make you feel so positive in comparison to when you don't hear anything at all, in my opinion a law should be passed to compel companies to at the least give applicants a reply if unsuccessful as I reckon its more demoralising than a rejection.
Good luck!!!

Thinking Shirt & Tie will be enough for a shop floor interview ?

If I get a Railway Interview then I shall purchase a Suit for it as they are very judgemental on appearance for conductor positions.
Cheap enough from Next anyway.....
Deffo going for Blue in a slim fit, or is tailored fit better ?
842-495-X56s.jpg
I voted suit on your poll.

Best impression and all that. Good luck.

Just completed my Online Assessments for the Railway job, think I've done quite well on them tbh but was an absolute bag of nerves. I have never been nervous doing any kind of exam EVER, but tbh when I sat my school exams it was probably down to immaturity a bit (and other exams that followed then as well) but in some I was also confident in my ability/knowledge. Main difference this time being the realisation of the enormity of it all, waited over a year to have a crack at it & realising that I may not get another chance in the near future & it's for a job that offers me a complete career change with a more than decent salary in a secure industry that offers good benefits as well i.e. free travel & a decent pension, the latter being something that I barely have in any kind of form... including state one due to several years of contributions missing.

Back to a waiting game again now.

I'm still shaking like a squatting dog.

Have a informal chat about a job, my mate works as a receiving lead and has vouched for me so the whole interview process has been heavily streamlined.
Have to meet with his boss in a few hours before I get the tick but still quite nervous because i'm used to all the rigmarole of the full job application process. Unable to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back