Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a informal chat about a job, my mate works as a receiving lead and has vouched for me so the whole interview process has been heavily streamlined.
Have to meet with his boss in a few hours before I get the tick but still quite nervous because i'm used to all the rigmarole of the full job application process. Unable to sleep.

Punch him in the mouth lad let him no you mean business

Have a informal chat about a job, my mate works as a receiving lead and has vouched for me so the whole interview process has been heavily streamlined.
Have to meet with his boss in a few hours before I get the tick but still quite nervous because i'm used to all the rigmarole of the full job application process. Unable to sleep.

Good luck. It could well be in the bag, if your mate is a model employee then he could be seeing you as similar, just hope he hasnt been going in with tales of debauchery from nights out that you'll be recognised from.

Good luck. It could well be in the bag, if your mate is a model employee then he could be seeing you as similar, just hope he hasnt been going in with tales of debauchery from nights out that you'll be recognised from.
Yeah from how he's been spelling it out it sounds like I just have to not sound like a c0ck and I'm sorted, whether that's how it works out in reality is another question.
I guess we'll see, still confident in my ability to get it if it's more rigorous than he's described it.
Not like it's a particularly high powered job, just some temp work over the summer holiday to pay off my loan in a warehouse.

Haven't progressed to next stage with railway job.

Don't feel that confident after the interview either, basically cos the job is so different from what I've done before.

She printed out a test for me to do and then when I turned over to the last page the answers were there, I checked through and had got a couple wrong but came clean to her and said that I wasnt sure if it was some kind of honesty test and hadnt reanswered the ones I'd got wrong.

She said it wasnt and was an error on her part.

brassed off with this trying to find a job that actually pays a half decent wage tbh.

Haven't progressed to next stage with railway job.

Don't feel that confident after the interview either, basically cos the job is so different from what I've done before.

She printed out a test for me to do and then when I turned over to the last page the answers were there, I checked through and had got a couple wrong but came clean to her and said that I wasnt sure if it was some kind of honesty test and hadnt reanswered the ones I'd got wrong.

She said it wasnt and was an error on her part.

brassed off with this trying to find a job that actually pays a half decent wage tbh.
To be honest if the person in HR can't even print out a friggin piece of paper I'd apply for her job lad.

It's ruthless out there at the moment, our place is cutting like frig and I wouldn't wish the dole on anyone these days. Not like it used to be, £70 a week on top of your cash in hand. Me birds ma has just got a new job after probably 20 interviews, she's a fully qualified staff nurse who got signed off sick after a stroke. It's horrible mate but keep your head up, apply for everything out of your experience and pay grade and God willing your personality will get you the job, and allow you to learn quickly whilst doing it.

To be honest if the person in HR can't even print out a friggin piece of paper I'd apply for her job lad.

It's ruthless out there at the moment, our place is cutting like frig and I wouldn't wish the dole on anyone these days. Not like it used to be, £70 a week on top of your cash in hand. Me birds ma has just got a new job after probably 20 interviews, she's a fully qualified staff nurse who got signed off sick after a stroke. It's horrible mate but keep your head up, apply for everything out of your experience and pay grade and God willing your personality will get you the job, and allow you to learn quickly whilst doing it.

place I went to said they've interviewed loads in last 6 months but deemed them not suitable to train up (6 months training) he said he's lost count of how many times the person and their answers just didnt match the cv he had in front of him, I told him that I'm an open book and anything in there is me.
I feel confident with the answers I gave I just dont feel confident because the job is so different, but I suppose they knew my background before interviewing me.

place I went to said they've interviewed loads in last 6 months but deemed them not suitable to train up (6 months training) he said he's lost count of how many times the person and their answers just didnt match the cv he had in front of him, I told him that I'm an open book and anything in there is me.
I feel confident with the answers I gave I just dont feel confident because the job is so different, but I suppose they knew my background before interviewing me.
That's the positive, mate. If you weren't suitable or they didn't think you were worth a bit of time they'd have swerved you based on your CV. Fingers crossed, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back