Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahaha no ones my boss mate.....hope it gos well Kel, whats the job title?

they havent said tbh. might find something out tomorrow. I didnt get the last plug connected on the assembly so don't know if its a fail or not ? had to give 5 ways to improve the assembly so I put all things that were based on 'Lean.'

feckin' wrong gloves were in the box as well so when I put em on they were huge which didnt help. 1 fella was there for a fork lift drivers job and he had to do the assembly as well, he hardly got any of it together.
was furious with myself for not completing the assembly as was making sure I kept looking at the instructions like they'd said & I know that if I could do it again I could do it in half the time with no instructions... with the right size gloves on !!

told to "Come in casual comfortable clothes, jeans frowned upon, wear tracksuit & trainers"

#OnlyInLiverpool

#ScousestInterviewEver

Obviously they'll need to have 3 stripes on to pass the visual test.
Oh dear. I take it you are doing a practical test then?

Started a new role on Monday, was amazed to see folk turn up for induction wearing jeans. Even if you're in IT, you should be turning up in a suit on your first day imo.

Still heard nothing.

Have to complete online psychometric tests for a rail job, been doing lots of practice ones (verbal & numerical reasoning) and my head is mashed, may well be the same tests as I did for arriva but cant remember any of the questions ffs & they didnt tell me how I did in it anyway only that I didnt progress... they pick the top so many. I found the test easier than the practice but I may well have put all wrong answers.

ffs, I used to fly through this kind of thing with ease. It's a trainee position and neither test shows if you have an aptitude for learning something at all, just a way of trimming the numbers.

Sorry to hear Reidy.

Can you maybe give self employment another go?

still doing it but not making any money, had to scale back on ads etc as a consequence that is also cutting my own throat, and nothing to put into trying to start up something else .... if I could think of something.

You're still in the running for other positions though mate, aren't you?

yeah, not heard from the 1 I went to interview & done tests for Railway Conductor for which the deadline is tonight with interviews on 21st Dec if progress so should hear something maybe this week. Paint job they said I'd hear back end of last week but still nothing.

So angry with myself over the Halewood one though.

got to next stage of Railway Job ..... Work Strengths. More of a questionnaire than a test I'm told, looking for consistency in my answers but also to gauge if I'm the right kind of person for the job, have been told by company that do the tests that it's best to just be honest in the answers ... but obviously I'll have to try to think about which answer they are wanting to hear as well.

Just done my next stage test for Northern which was a strange old thing that is designed to produce a kind of profile of you and states that there are no right and wrong answers.

You get a series of statements such as

I work well under pressure
I am Organised
I work well to Rules

You have to rate each 1 from Strongly Disagree through to Strongly Agree

Then it goes onto another page where if you have put all 3 strongly agree it will ask you to say Most & Least like you from those. So having put Positives about yourself on the 1sty part you then have to almost make 1 of them a negative.

I tried to do it Honestly (as they ask) & also basing answers on Previous Work History & what the job I'm applying for will entail, a few were the type that would make you out to be an egocentric Billy Big Bo11ox so I avoided making out that I'm that tbh as I doubt thats what they want.
Wait & see really and hopefully I've answered in a way that I'll fit the Profile that theyre looking for. Should hear Friday or Monday I reckon.

Just done my next stage test for Northern which was a strange old thing that is designed to produce a kind of profile of you and states that there are no right and wrong answers.

You get a series of statements such as

I work well under pressure
I am Organised
I work well to Rules

You have to rate each 1 from Strongly Disagree through to Strongly Agree

Then it goes onto another page where if you have put all 3 strongly agree it will ask you to say Most & Least like you from those. So having put Positives about yourself on the 1sty part you then have to almost make 1 of them a negative.

I tried to do it Honestly (as they ask) & also basing answers on Previous Work History & what the job I'm applying for will entail, a few were the type that would make you out to be an egocentric Billy Big Bo11ox so I avoided making out that I'm that tbh as I doubt thats what they want.
Wait & see really and hopefully I've answered in a way that I'll fit the Profile that theyre looking for. Should hear Friday or Monday I reckon.
Royal Mail do the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back