Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Mail do the exact same thing.

I read something about some companies using it as a kind of pre interview thing as well, they look for consistency in your answers (you must have to fit some kind of profile like) but can also use it for the kind of questions posed to you and also if you then match the profile it generates from the answers given in an interview, although in a face to face interview you would be able put forward positives for the things that the survey asked you to pick as least like you.

It's like a huge puzzle that you have to work out to get a job these days.

Even with the previous online shl tests, the difficulty was getting around browser compatibility cos if you've kept everything up to date with updates then it came up as incompatible, my guess is that a fair few wouldnt even have figured out how to actually sit the test by the deadline and be ruled out.

Just had my first job interview in a long time, for a job in a real estate agency. Got no previous experience or anything like that, and the boss was a complete idiot. Think David Brent but 10x less funny and 10x more of a pervert. Had to remind him I had a face that he was meant to look at while speaking to me. Invited me back for a second interview, politely declined. The search continues...

I read something about some companies using it as a kind of pre interview thing as well, they look for consistency in your answers (you must have to fit some kind of profile like) but can also use it for the kind of questions posed to you and also if you then match the profile it generates from the answers given in an interview, although in a face to face interview you would be able put forward positives for the things that the survey asked you to pick as least like you.

It's like a huge puzzle that you have to work out to get a job these days.

Even with the previous online shl tests, the difficulty was getting around browser compatibility cos if you've kept everything up to date with updates then it came up as incompatible, my guess is that a fair few wouldnt even have figured out how to actually sit the test by the deadline and be ruled out.

GL with that Reidy. I agree with just doing it honestly, especially if there's gonna be another interview stage after. Not worth trying to 'play the system' in the test if it's gonna catch you out later on down the line if they ask you anything based on it in the interview and you answer differently...

still doing it but not making any money, had to scale back on ads etc as a consequence that is also cutting my own throat, and nothing to put into trying to start up something else .... if I could think of something.

yeah, not heard from the 1 I went to interview & done tests for Railway Conductor for which the deadline is tonight with interviews on 21st Dec if progress so should hear something maybe this week. Paint job they said I'd hear back end of last week but still nothing.

So angry with myself over the Halewood one though.
Chase up paint job. So at least you know either way..

GL with that Reidy. I agree with just doing it honestly, especially if there's gonna be another interview stage after. Not worth trying to 'play the system' in the test if it's gonna catch you out later on down the line if they ask you anything based on it in the interview and you answer differently...

FFS I might've done all of this for nothing cos Arriva have been awarded the new franchise which I think starts in March, although employees will transfer to Arriva I cant see Northern Rail (owned jointly by Serco-Abellio) paying for the training of conductors when they have lost the contract. The training probably wouldnt even be finished by the time their contract ends.

Be just my feckin' luck tbh, only way I can see around it is if it still went ahead because there's a definite need for them and Arriva pick up the tab.

I have a friend who has had 2 interviews, one with a Hong Kong company and the other in Singapore.

Both were CEO's in their 40's one American and other one not sure... she's 23 and stunning.

First interviews were over skype video and then these guys flew to Manila to meet her both offered her the jobs face to face...

OR

To be their girlfriend...

She asked my advice and i said how to take a job knowing the guy likes you that way and acts so unprofessionally.

But after thinking about it surely its not such a bad thing as perhaps you can wrap him around your little finger?

Just had my first job interview in a long time, for a job in a real estate agency. Got no previous experience or anything like that, and the boss was a complete idiot. Think David Brent but 10x less funny and 10x more of a pervert. Had to remind him I had a face that he was meant to look at while speaking to me. Invited me back for a second interview, politely declined. The search continues...

Is there any reason you need to stay in Uk? Sounds like youre trying really hard there and taking an honest approach...just not getting the luck and faced with all these stupid tests when its clear you already have the experience.

If youre open to moving to Asia then although im in a different industry id be happy to introduce you to recruiters or friends/contacts all over the place here who may be able to help...

FFS I might've done all of this for nothing cos Arriva have been awarded the new franchise which I think starts in March, although employees will transfer to Arriva I cant see Northern Rail (owned jointly by Serco-Abellio) paying for the training of conductors when they have lost the contract. The training probably wouldnt even be finished by the time their contract ends.

Be just my feckin' luck tbh, only way I can see around it is if it still went ahead because there's a definite need for them and Arriva pick up the tab.

I have a friend who has had 2 interviews, one with a Hong Kong company and the other in Singapore.

Both were CEO's in their 40's one American and other one not sure... she's 23 and stunning.

First interviews were over skype video and then these guys flew to Manila to meet her both offered her the jobs face to face...

OR

She asked my advice and i said how to take a job knowing the guy likes you that way and acts so unprofessionally.

But after thinking about it surely its not such a bad thing as perhaps you can wrap him around your little finger?

There is something definitely cuckoo going on in your head.

Guessing youre responding to someone on my ignore list?

Ive seen a lot of girls take jobs with a horrible slimy boss and stick it out for a year then move onto something much better now they got the track record and experience.

Ive also had the experience of attending an ex girlfriends christmas party and her boss behaving really strangely around me and leering at her all night...very uncomfortable and i dread to think how she must have felt every day seeing him....

Still, you have to play the game to get ahead these days.

It's classic Zat though.

Guessing youre responding to someone on my ignore list?

Ive seen a lot of girls take jobs with a horrible slimy boss and stick it out for a year then move onto something much better now they got the track record and experience.

Ive also had the experience of attending an ex girlfriends christmas party and her boss behaving really strangely around me and leering at her all night...very uncomfortable and i dread to think how she must have felt every day seeing him....

Still, you have to play the game to get ahead these days.
I'm on Zat's ignore list but right here we quite wonderfully see Zat endorse female prostitution in order to get a good job.

Be alright love, just let the boss slip you one and in a year you'll have a fair wage.

Fantastic stuff.

OR

I heard Hong Kong is too dangerous to walk the streets even at lunch time.

Iv never lived there like.

OR

It wasn't as sweet as him trying to win me over or anything like that, he was just a pervert to be honest. One of his questions was 'do you have a boyfriend? if you say yes I can't give you the job'. He was actually that pathetic about the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back