Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Status
Not open for further replies.
strikes me as not a squad changing signing so much as a "piece of the puzzle" signing. By that I mean that in looking at the squad it was noted that:
RK - we need a player who can do this, do we have one of those?
SW - no
RK - well then, best go get one
SW - on it

don't know if he will be successful or not, but teams have to make these kind of signings. Positive sign really.

We're not signing Lanzini mate and the squad needs established players not hopefuls, we have a youth team for that.

In other words, you would rather take a star over a player that fits your team. I am not saying Ishak is the next big thing. Because if he was, he would cost a lot more then 10 million. Big names are nothing compared to the right player on the right team (last season's Leicester proved it). If you are looking for established players you better have 50 million. Because teams will say " they bought bolasie for 30. I will take 50 from them"

Last edited:

strikes me as not a squad changing signing so much as a "piece of the puzzle" signing. By that I mean that in looking at the squad it was noted that:
RK - we need a player who can do this, do we have one of those?
SW - no
RK - well then, best go get one
SW - on it

don't know if he will be successful or not, but teams have to make these kind of signings. Positive sign really.

This. Everton already has the big name (lukaku). They now need to get the best out of him by getting the players that fit his style.

In other words, you would rather take a star over a player that fits your team. I am not saying Ishak is the next big thing. Because if he was, he would cost a lot more then 10 millions. Big names are nothing compared to the right player on the right team (last season's Leicester proved it). If you are looking for established players you better have 50 million. Because teams will say " they bought bolasie for 30. I will take 50 from them"

No, I'm saying we only have Lukaku and to only have this lad as back up is piss poor management, that's what i'm saying, you don't have a clue if he's right or wrong for our team, neither do I but unless we buy another striker I think it's poor. I have been known to be wrong and hopefully he will prove me wrong, i won't be losing any sleep over it though.

Writing someone off before they've even played for us is extremely silly.

Christ stop fawning over any name we are linked with, what's this lad done to make you think he will be a success? Oh yeah steve walsh wants him must be good ffs, just no.

Running your ass off pressing is no good if you don't have any quality end product now is it.

No, I'm saying we only have Lukaku and to only have this lad as back up is piss poor management, that's what i'm saying, you don't have a clue if he's right or wrong for our team, neither do I but unless we buy another striker I think it's poor. I have been known to be wrong and hopefully he will prove me wrong, i won't be losing any sleep over it though.

Pre-emptive fume.

A new low for 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back