Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ stop fawning over any name we are linked with, what's this lad done to make you think he will be a success? Oh yeah steve walsh wants him must be good ffs, just no.

Running your ass off pressing is no good if you don't have any quality end product now is it.
Yeah, what's Steve Walsh ever done for anyone?
Ok he bought the team that won the premiership last season for buttons, but other than that?

Absolutely nothing like niasse. Completely opposite career paths but don't let that stop you.

Im willing to give him the chance but people are falling into the same trap they did under the Martinez regime early doors ie. Being overly positive regardless of what things look like.

Walsh is essentially a stats man (Gueye, Kante and Mahrez all had high stats despite being relatively unknown) whereas this blokes stats look absolutely dreadful as does his career record. For £10.5 million I would rather we added a few extra bob and brought in a better alternative to Lukaku.

For too long we have signed dud 2nd choice forwards (Kone, Niasse, Valencia) and moan we have no good option of the bench. Now he could prove us wrong (I hope he does) but looking at it neutrally right now I would say its 70/30 against him.

No mate, you prefer opinions that you agree with, lets not BS here.

Oh you want the no BS filter?

But ok.

You are judging a lad based on his Wiki page and a few dodgy clips on youtube, you have decreed his 10m transfer a waste of time and money before he has even kicked a ball for us, its short sighted at best, at worst its festering on the lower reaches of acceptable human behaviour and shows deep seated anger issues, maybe from a lack of hugs as a child or maybe some childhood trauma.

This. Everton already has the big name (lukaku). They now need to get the best out of him by getting the players that fit his style.
True, Tho when was Rom the most potent ??......His explosive self was just when we grabbed him from WBA on loan, Yes he scores goals now but lets be honest, Pre full time contract...with the dreads flowing......

I would try to justify some of his clubs.
Didn't have enough chance in Lyon. So he thought Bologna will be the answer. After that he saw a better chance in parma so he choose to go there. And after a good season inter got him. That's 4 teams already. Did not get enough time in inter so he was sent to levono on loan for half a season. That's 5
Went back to parma and left after a season because the team was bankrupt (by the way. He did not take wages from the team even though he could've done that). And then his agent took him to baniyas. Played for a good year. that's 6. And then he terminated his contract because he wanted to get his life back on track. So he took a youth player's wage and played for 6 months for standard, and that is 7
Context my friend. Not knowing the whole truth will lead to wrong ideas about people

Oh you want the no BS filter?

But ok.

You are judging a lad based on his Wiki page and a few dodgy clips on youtube, you have decreed his 10m transfer a waste of time and money before he has even kicked a ball for us, its short sighted at best, at worst its festering on the lower reaches of acceptable human behaviour and shows deep seated anger issues, maybe from a lack of hugs as a child or maybe some childhood trauma.

lol says the man who looks for acceptance 24hours a day on a football forum lol but ok. Like I said, he's 25 his career isn't great not a signing a club on the up should be making. It's ok I picture you as a little nodding bobble head.

Christ stop fawning over any name we are linked with, what's this lad done to make you think he will be a success? Oh yeah steve walsh wants him must be good ffs, just no.

You've hit the nail on the head: there's absolutely nothing to indicate Belfodil should be good enough for the top half of the PL. So that means one of two things is going on.

1. Walsh has identified an unexpected talent from an unlikely place.
2. Walsh has randomly picked a name out of a hat.

This player may indeed turn out to be Niasse-level awful, but only one of those two things is Walsh's MO as a Director of Football.

Im willing to give him the chance but people are falling into the same trap they did under the Martinez regime early doors ie. Bwing overly positive regardless of what things look like.

Walsh is essentially a stats man (Gueye, Kante and Mahrez all had high stats despite being relatively unknown) whereas this blokes stats look absolutely dreadful as does his career record. For £10.5 million I would rather we added a few extra bob and brought in a better alternative to Lukaku.

For too long we have signed dud 2nd choice forwards (Kone, Niasse, Valencia) and moan we have no good option of the bench. Now he could prove us wrong (I hope he does) but looking at it neutrally right now I would say its 70/30 against him.

Example? No one is gonna to sell you their important players in Jan. That Italian striker who we had linked with would cost about £20m and he does not even good at scoring.

Im willing to give him the chance but people are falling into the same trap they did under the Martinez regime early doors ie. Being overly positive regardless of what things look like.

Walsh and koeman aren't Martinez though. The fella clearly has talent and if they can find a role for him they'll know what they are doing. Let him play a few games and then judge.

Dont care about his past.

He's had about 8 clubs before the age of 25. I only see bad things with this guy

No, I'm saying we only have Lukaku and to only have this lad as back up is piss poor management, that's what i'm saying, you don't have a clue if he's right or wrong for our team, neither do I but unless we buy another striker I think it's poor. I have been known to be wrong and hopefully he will prove me wrong, i won't be losing any sleep over it though.

See, here is the problem. He is not here to replace lukaku. He is here to help him. Lukaku's replacement will be brought in the summer. He got what the team needs. He will not be the star. He will be the star's helper. You are demanding too much from a 10 million £ player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back