Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Status
Not open for further replies.
You answer your own question mate. He chooses Belfodil. Let's see if it works out.

I agree, but I find it laughable how some are shouting down other fans for voicing concern at us spending a decent sum of money on a bloke who's record to date is very very poor.

We all want the best for the club but for me after God knows how many years of having no credible option from the bench when Rom isnt doing it, for us to target yet another forward with a poor record (Naismith, Kone, Niasse, Valencia) is frustrating considering we now have the funds to bring in a little bit of quality.

With all due respect, you don't know anything about the managers plans now do you. I accept that some people get a little excited at the thought of a signing but I prefer to look at his career as a whole and it's not PL quality far from it.

Didn't mean to come to your house and disrespect you. So, if you feel so than I apologise. But tell me the truth. If the team did sell ROM. Would you be OK with any player under 30 million. No matter what his goal scoring record say. No one will be OK with it if the replacement is not a big name with a big fee. Look at vardy as a 25 year old and tell me that he will have a 24 goals in a season in him. The manager and the scout think that he is good enough. So who am I to argue.

He's nearly 70, had a wonderful season last, what about the rest of the time ? Suddenly he's superscout
SW was the driving force behind the bargain signing that has been our player of the season so far.
Time will tell in relation to Lookman, and this guy if he comes, but they're both relatively cheap acquisitions in this market so I hope SW continues to be supported by the board and allowed to pursue his targets.

Didn't mean to come to your house and disrespect you. So, if you feel so than I apologise. But tell me the truth. If the team did sell ROM. Would you be OK with any player under 30 million. No matter what his goal scoring record say. No one will be OK with it if the replacement is not a big name with a big fee. Look at vardy as a 25 year old and tell me that he will have a 24 goals in a season in him. The manager and the scout think that he is good enough. So who am I to argue.

My issue isn't the pricing. My issue is, if Rom got injured, this is his back up. I feel we need more proven quality.

Sorry that the point got lost amongst all the little children trying to berate and slate me.

Sadly our signing of Niasse has got everybody a little bit twitchy.

And also certain sections of our fanbase will ALWAYS be glass half empty types.

Me, my glass is always full, I will trust in the scouting and I will always try and give every player a chance, if he turns out tosh, hes tosh, oh well, but if you dont place a bet, you will never win the lottery.

Sadly our signing of Niasse has got everybody a little bit twitchy.

And also certain sections of our fanbase will ALWAYS be glass half empty types.

Me, my glass is always full, I will trust in the scouting and I will always try and give every player a chance, if he turns out tosh, hes tosh, oh well, but if you dont place a bet, you will never win the lottery.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical about a signing though. Once he's on the field he gets 100% support from everyone.

I agree, but I find it laughable how some are shouting down other fans for voicing concern at us spending a decent sum of money on a bloke who's record to date is very very poor.

We all want the best for the club but for me after God knows how many years of having no credible option from the bench when Rom isnt doing is, for us to target yet another forward with a poor record (Naismith, Kone, Niasse, Valencia) is frustrating considering we now have the funds to bring in a little bit of quality.

Watching his videos mate I'm not even sure he'd be brought in as a forward to swap with Rom ( though I'm sure he could ). He seems to pop up all over the place, runs the lines, looks like he wants to link up midfield with attack. A very tall CAM who floats about a bit. An unknown quantity I reckon and I don't know what it is but I can see he'd add quite a bit option wise if we got him. If Calvert Lewin hadn't got injured I think he'd be back up to Lukaku, I think the idea with him is to fast track him into getting minutes, Koeman obviously sees something he likes.

In the meantime, maybe Lookman and this fella can chip in with a few goals and assists plus hopefully we might get another attacking player in..

Not saying this fella is amazing or is gonna be crap, I just like the look of his movement on the video that ghezzel posted before. Though he does a free kick in that video which is the greatest worst free kick I think I've ever seen lol

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical about a signing though. Once he's on the field he gets 100% support from everyone.

Ive said repeatedly its a gamble, he looks very raw and will take a degree of polishing, but I think he will provide something we lack in an area we lack it in.

We all want the best for the club but for me after God knows how many years of having no credible option from the bench when Rom isnt doing it, for us to target yet another forward with a poor record (Naismith, Kone, Niasse, Valencia) is frustrating considering we now have the funds to bring in a little bit of quality.
Maybe Belfodil will not be the only attacking option brought in.... Was intrigued by the links to Valere Germain. Would be a solid second striking option i think.

Can't judge the window (for good or ill) til it is done.

For Belfodil, i don't think we have a player like him so there is at least a specific concept of what role he is intended to play. Hopefully for the lad, and all of us, he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back