Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any upgrade on Valencia is a positive. We're not likely to sign ourselves a Sanchez in the winter.
Correct. I've maintedend a stance that this window was always going to be tough. I'm made up with the £27-35m we've spent so far. Some support, admittedly unknown, for Lukaku will be good also.

He's scored ten and created five in twenty one games this season. It's possible he may be a late developer. There's no point in calling him crap or good, when you/I never knew he existed on Monday.

He's only a year older than Kante was when he signed for Leicester, from the French second tier, again a player that you or I had never heard of.

Writing him off now is pointless. As is being overly excited.

Absolutely spot on.

Also more importantly, must be a good chance that he'll be better than Kone and Niasse!

Are we not the leagues top spenders in this window? That's evidence enough for me.
The only decisive evidence that we have a massive budget, if that's interpreted as the oft quoted £100m level, is actually spending somewhere in that region net.

I agree, but I find it laughable how some are shouting down other fans for voicing concern at us spending a decent sum of money on a bloke who's record to date is very very poor.

We all want the best for the club but for me after God knows how many years of having no credible option from the bench when Rom isnt doing it, for us to target yet another forward with a poor record (Naismith, Kone, Niasse, Valencia) is frustrating considering we now have the funds to bring in a little bit of quality.
For a similar sum or even less, I'd prefer berahino. Young, pacey and proven in the premiership (albeit 2 seasons ago).

The only decisive evidence that we have a massive budget, if that's interpreted as the oft quoted £100m level, is actually spending somewhere in that region net.
So far we're over a third of the way through that. There's still 2+weeks to go.

Walsh and Koeman have been brought in to take our club forward. I trust them with every incoming and outgoing. One or two may backfire like it does with every club but they've brought in Gana, Schneiderlin, Lookman and Williams who I think will be successes.

I have no idea about this guy but trust that Walsh will have done his homework. He's not let us down so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back