Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, you prefer opinions that you agree with, lets not BS here.

He's 25 not a kid, he has a career to analyse and it's not very good is it.
He's scored ten and created five in twenty one games this season. It's possible he may be a late developer. There's no point in calling him crap or good, when you/I never knew he existed on Monday.

He's only a year older than Kante was when he signed for Leicester, from the French second tier, again a player that you or I had never heard of.

Writing him off now is pointless. As is being overly excited.

I agree, but I find it laughable how some are shouting down other fans for voicing concern at us spending a decent sum of money on a bloke who's record to date is very very poor.

We all want the best for the club but for me after God knows how many years of having no credible option from the bench when Rom isnt doing it, for us to target yet another forward with a poor record (Naismith, Kone, Niasse, Valencia) is frustrating considering we now have the funds to bring in a little bit of quality.

Surely Walsh will take the credit or blame. One way or another. In the past, we did sign unknown or crap strikers like Kone and Niasse for decent sum of money too.

Perhaps we need to gamble as we aren't at the level of Citch in terms of spending power, just yet.

One thing I agree with you though. We have no credible option for a long long time. Say, Benteke...are we going to spend £30m on an alternative and he is happy with playing a squad game? Yes unless we are in CL.

Maybe Belfodil will not be the only attacking option brought in.... Was intrigued by the links to Valere Germain. Would be a solid second striking option i think.

Can't judge the window (for good or ill) til it is done.

For Belfodil, i don't think we have a player like him so there is at least a specific concept of what role he is intended to play. Hopefully for the lad, and all of us, he can do it.

We are crying out for goals from the midfield. This guy doesn't bring this or up top.

SW was the driving force behind the bargain signing that has been our player of the season so far.
Time will tell in relation to Lookman, and this guy if he comes, but they're both relatively cheap acquisitions in this market so I hope SW continues to be supported by the board and allowed to pursue his targets.

Spot on mate, this is supposed to be Walsh's speciality as in finding players to suit a system. So far, we know Gueye was a recommendation of his and so was Lookman. I'm happy to let him have a few windows of hopefully unearthing a hidden gem or two. I'm sure he's aware there's pressure to do this as that's why we headhunted him in the first place.

If he wants him, and Koeman has given him the nod of approval as well when I'm happy to give the player at least 20 minutes to prove his worth.

He's scored ten and created five in twenty one games this season. It's possible he may be a late developer. There's no point in calling him crap or good, when you/I never knew he existed on Monday.

He's only a year older than Kante was when he signed for Leicester, from the French second tier, again a player that you or I had never heard of.

Sitting on the fence is a GOT past time. I dunno why more people don't adopt this stance. Seriously, never heard of him, if he signs for us, right behind him.

Thought after the Mosh we'd ditched poundland? I'm not expecting Harrods but John Lewis's maybe?
There's still no decisive evidence that we have a massive budget. We'll see.
Even if we have the fabled £100m that still isn't enough to buy real quality in every area.
We have to spend wisely, whatever our budget, that's where SW's expertise comes in handy.

Like I said mate and thanks for the reasonable response, my issue is we only have Rom and him and for me that's not strong enough, we need proven cover in my opinion and let this lad time to settle and find his feet. Yes I've called him tosh but he'll get support once he signed and he's being chucked in at the deep end. ( Valencia and Kone but still)

There's still no decisive evidence that we have a massive budget. We'll see.
Even if we have the fabled £100m that still isn't enough to buy real quality in every area.
We have to spend wisely, whatever our budget, that's where SW's expertise comes in handy.
Are we not the leagues top spenders in this window? That's evidence enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back