2023/24 Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
90k a week isn’t an insignificant wage.

Hes a player I’ve always liked, but thought he underachieved last season in the end product I think he has in him.

Thats a significant wage to commit to, but I’d trust the manager.
Where have you read he’s on that? Be amazed if Leeds were paying him that much.

You want to stay up? You need players like Harrison to do that.

Lol at those who think he's not good enough for this team of ours.

Wake up, this is not the Moyes era when we can spend most of what we can get in from player sales, much less the spendthrift era of Moshiri's first 5 years here.

Unbelievable what some believe we can do in terms of 'better'.

This is survival mode - it has been for 3 seasons past and it'll be the same for the next 3 seasons.

Wake up, this is not the Moyes era when we can spend most of what we can get in from player sales, much less the spendthrift era of Moshiri's first 5 years here.

This is survival mode - it has been for 3 seasons past and it'll be the same for the next 3 seasons.
People don't understand Dave.

Harrison is rubbish, he offers no support to his d right back, does not tackle in midfield and his overall contribution isn’t good enough.

Some of this could be overlooked if his winger contribution was better, but that’s not their neither so got to go!

The reason Leeds are in the poo financially is that they overpaid their players whilst in the premiership and we should not be drawn into the same trap, he is a 20k players earning triple that at Everton, his option is to join the 20k club at Everton or return to Leeds and let them struggle with his high salary.

He’s slower than you.

I hope we loan him again so the chances of 39 year old Ashley Young appearing on the right wing are reduced.
I hope Thelwell can find someone better to loan but suspect that we will end up with him again.

Better the devil you know I suppose.

He’s a solid player that as others have mentioned would be better if he had a solid right back behind him.

His reported wages vary from £60k pw to £90k pw. Assuming £75k pw puts his cost to the club at ~£4m pa.

This seems huge but for the PL, the reality is that every regular starter outside the promoted sides would be on something like the lower end of these figures.

If it's the same deal (no fee, wages covered) then it’s a no brainer for us - £4m all in is literally nothing for a decent squad player. Just look at wingers bought in recent windows, it’s £20m + at least the same wages.

I think we’ll see improvement from him too, hopefully we can get this agreed as soon as possible so that he gets a full preseason with us this time around.

3 goals and 3 assists last season was his worst in the PL, I’m hoping for double that next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back