2023/24 Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a solid player that as others have mentioned would be better if he had a solid right back behind him.

His reported wages vary from £60k pw to £90k pw. Assuming £75k pw puts his cost to the club at ~£4m pa.

This seems huge but for the PL, the reality is that every regular starter outside the promoted sides would be on something like the lower end of these figures.

If it's the same deal (no fee, wages covered) then it’s a no brainer for us - £4m all in is literally nothing for a decent squad player. Just look at wingers bought in recent windows, it’s £20m + at least the same wages.

I think we’ll see improvement from him too, hopefully we can get this agreed as soon as possible so that he gets a full preseason with us this time around.

3 goals and 3 assists last season was his worst in the PL, I’m hoping for double that next season.
Surely now he’s had a… less stellar season with us (still solid though), he’s going to have less suitors willing to pay all his wages - we can play hardball with a very desperate Leeds & offer to pay 1/2-3/4 his wages and no fee…

That’s what Levy be would do. I don't for one second think Big Nose is in the same galaxy as Levy in terms of negotiating though.

They also don't understand that if we get a PL-competent RB in then Harrison's job gets a whole lot easier and he'll do even better than this season, which I thought was a solid 6/10.
I understand that all our full backs are horrific, Myko is good defending and Young does a job, but we probably have the worst in the league.

I also fully expect us not to buy any new 1s this Summer.

So make your peace with that.

…so does Manchester City, funny how some posters think it’s a bad thing to expect footballers to work hard.

Problem is at City they've made it, the players will never have a better chance to win trophies or work under a better manager (perhaps we can throw in Madrid and a couple of other teams in that category) and that keeps the motivation up as they are not bigger than the club. A player with that kind of skillset here would be agitating for a move almost immediately after realising the rest of the team cannot keep up.

Another prime example is what utd did at Wembley, if they kept that up through the season Ten Hag's position would not be questioned. If they default to laziness at a club like that then what chance do we have. That's why we end up with limited players who will go the extra mile to make up for deficiencies in their game.

Harrison is rubbish, he offers no support to his d right back, does not tackle in midfield and his overall contribution isn’t good enough.

Some of this could be overlooked if his winger contribution was better, but that’s not their neither so got to go!

The reason Leeds are in the poo financially is that they overpaid their players whilst in the premiership and we should not be drawn into the same trap, he is a 20k players earning triple that at Everton, his option is to join the 20k club at Everton or return to Leeds and let them struggle with his high salary.
He's free so the £90k a week is basically a £3.8 million fee and £20k a week if it makes you feel better

I understand that all our full backs are horrific, Myko is good defending and Young does a job, but we probably have the worst in the league.

I also fully expect us not to buy any new 1s this Summer.

So make your peace with that.
I think you're wrong.

Dyche knows we were weak on that right side all season. Only the very solid showing of the two CBs stopped that being a fatal weakness.

We need a RB - that's essential.

If we lose Harrison this summer I'd view that as a serious blow to our survival next season.

Players like him might not set the PL on fire, but they do a job in a team that needs to keep its shape.

He has a lot of PL experience and I'd hope we can persuade Leeds and him to carry on his spell here.

Why would Leeds let us have him for nothing when they are cash strapped?

With three years left of a five year contract they would want at least £15 mill, do you really think in our financial state that he is worth that?
If they are desperate for cash then they aren't really in a position to get what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back